tips or advise on upcoming colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips or advise on upcoming colonoscopy

Having a colonoscopy this Monday. Any advice on making the prep a little more tolerable. I hate having to do the prep. I hate it. Hemorrhoids are flaming right now just thinking about whats to come.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Be sure you have enough help. Try to avoid spending hours on the commode...bad for your skin and hemorrhoids both. You may want to use an adult diaper or stay in bed and make a "dam" with disposable Chuks. It is never easy.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I had my first post-injury colonoscopy a couple of months ago. Like you, I was dreading the prep, though it never really bothered me much before injury. It turned out that the prep really wasn't that bad. I spent 4 hours on a commode chair and then had a small bowel accident overnight (that I was prepared for) and that was it. It helped that I had a nicely padded rolling commode chair that let me stay in the shower with frequent rinses with a hand shower.

Comment

Working...
      X