Depends or other type of protection daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends or other type of protection daily

Who has to wear Depends or other type of protection daily for potential accidents?

Years ago, before I was using enemeeze, I'd have accidents on a regular basis. That's when I started wearing Depends.

Now I wear them because I want to. I have a SP & the Depends keep my catheter in place.

I've gotten use to them & would rather wear them now.

Comment

I wear these: https://www.depend.com/mens-solutions/products/12778/

I intermittent cath, and it just gives me confidence at work. Too much coffee, meetings going on to long and I don't have to worry. They are more for leakage protection, I don't think they could handle the contents of a full bladder.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
        I wear these: https://www.depend.com/mens-solutions/products/12778/

I intermittent cath, and it just gives me confidence at work. Too much coffee, meetings going on to long and I don't have to worry. They are more for leakage protection, I don't think they could handle the contents of a full bladder.
        I use the same

Comment

I think she ("Tarheelandy") would probably like to hear from some SCI women on their experiences with incontinent protection options. Her profile says female.

All the best,
          GJ
          Last edited by gjnl; 22 Aug 2016, 8:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
            I think she ("Tarheelandy") would probably like to hear from some SCI women on their experiences with incontinent protection options. Her profile says female.

All the best,
            GJ
            Who gives a crap what you think?

Comment

I did want to hear from anyone just for general knowledge but as I do have more difficulty than a male would cathing in one, it would be nice to hear from females. It is cumbersome to cath in and I'm not sure I'm ready to completely surrender to it! As my Vesicare has stopped working after 2 yrs, I am trying samples of Mybetriq and seeing how long the accidents keep happening before it kicks in (and if the Mybetriq will even work).

Comment

Depends style works and there is a softer ugrade called the Silhouette. There are some new disposables but haven't tried them. I'm sure there will be more options as more and more baby boomers enter the market.

Here's another idea for chicks with light leakage and not waterfalls. Hold around 5 teaspoons they say. Bought a pair of these to try and they are expensive but very soft and of course reuseable.
                https://www.iconundies.com/

Comment

Poise pads or Tena care should work?

Won't take a full bladder but offers enough protection inbetween.
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Hi Tarheelandy,

Very glad this thread didn't end with the male responses and you got some input from some SCI women. Hope more will log in with their experiences and advise.

Al the best,
                    GJ

Comment

It would be awesome to have urologists at the W2W to answer the many questions we have ... or even one to volunteer their time here.

Women have it quite bad with such a short urethra .. men too, but women especially. The operations they offer are poor band-aids, not a solution.

Bladder needs change over time. Our bladder can 'sag' and the walls irritate after so many years paralyzed. When's the last time you had urodynamics?

ETA: I sooo wish someone had taken the biofeedback thing and ran with it Dr Brucker passed years ago.
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Dad-blame bladder! Why does it have to change? I so love having a routine that works forever....Okay, cathing in a chair for a female is a royal pain in the butt and doing it with a depend AND a Tena is even more of a pain in the butt-rant over for now. Having said that, I know I should be grateful that 1. I can cath myself and 2. that I live in a country where these products are available.
                        On a good note, I haven't had an accident in 3 days on the Mybetriq. On a bad note, don't know how I am going to pay for it when the samples run out!

Comment

Working...
                        X