Bladder botox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladder botox?

Do botox injections only work for those who do intermittent cathing? What about in-dwelling? There's a local study, but they won't even take anyone with an in-dwelling catheter.

I use a suprapubic catheter and had Botox done, the urologists that I always used at that time nicked something in my urethra that caused me to bleed A LOT! The shots did help for about eight months that I have not gotten it since then
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

Generally speaking, Botox is used in people who use IC to manage their bladder. It does not usually do much for those with I dwelling catheters, particularly if you have had it for a long time.

if it is a study, the researchers probably don't want to mix different types of bladder management into this population.
      You might want to contact them and see what the reason is.
      ckf
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I have a SP and botox has worked wonders for me, along with a daily dose of oxybutnin. If I just use one or the other I get terrible leakage.

Comment

Working...
        X