brown pee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brown pee

not yellow at all. not bloody looking, though.
    yesterday my pee looked like water. Im taking 3200 a day of bactrim, could that make my peepee brown?

Concern with brown urine is liver disease or damage, such as hepatitis, etc. You need to see your provider and have some liver function and other tests done.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I did recently. the dr said it was all fine, but my liver is enlarged.

I have a lot of fluid in my belly. its like im just leaking out my water into my belly and skin. when that starts to happen its impossible to get pee.
      I think this is the same kind of thing that happened to my mom.

its like a constant circle of leaking and filling.
      I can tell when its time to blow up because I get really stuffy head and tears start to come out.

my mom was trying to tell us she wasn't really crying, she was leaking.
      im totally walking in my moms moccasins like she walked in her mothers.

the chemo made it instantly lethal.

Im going to have to not get the same kind of chemo as they did.

how can I get them to understand so they don't kill me the same way?

Comment

Fluid accumulating in your abdominal cavity is called ascites, and is an ominous sign of problems with the liver and other organs. It is often associated with cancer in the abdominal area. Even if you have had LFTs recently, the appearance of brown urine now needs further investigation, and more tests.

Have you been diagnosed with cancer? Chemotherapy regimens continue to improve, and offer the best opportunity for a cure in many types of cancer. If you are trying to decide about treatment, you need to have a serious discussion with a good oncologist.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

its a special kind of cancer KLD. they won't find it with monday's biopsy. im pretty sure If I take a pregnancy test it will be positive.
          Im going to send roomie out to get one this evening.

it produces the pregnancy hormone.

men can get it in the testicles and they get a positive pregnancy test too.
          it was considered only gestational cancer, but now they know its something old women can have, and men.

I havn't been diagnosed, but you can kind of tell, the attitude has changed, once the antibiotics didn't work, and a second set of biopsies were ordered.
          Last edited by jody; 18 Mar 2016, 7:30 PM.

Comment

I just noticed something.

there is a blackish mark under the lymph node on the inside thigh. looks kind of like a thumb print.
            the inside of my thighs and my lady parts are very brown looking compared to the rest of me, which has gotten very pale since the raynauds thing started.

neither the brown area's or the black mark were there yesterday.

Comment

Are the whites of your eyes yellow? Is your stool pale brown ("clay colored)?

(KLD)

Comment

poop very pale for a year, dr didn't care.

Im wondering though if I am having a reaction to the lasix. I didn't take it while on the antibiotics. I took it yesterday and today.

it looks like I have brown lip liner on. and the rest is a pale yellow color.

my eyes aren't yellow. really red though.

thank you, by the way. it would be pretty impossible to ask questions like this at the dr.

Iv brought up the strange white poo a couple times and just got a strange look and a shrug.

Comment

I started prednisone today. could that cause it?

Comment

I think it might actually be a kidney problem. I took a lasix and nothing is happening.

Comment

Pale or clay colored stool can be an indication that bile is absent in the stool. Bile is released by the biliary system, which is comprised of your gallbladder, liver, and pancreas.

Sorry you are not getting any answers from your health care professionals.

All the best,
                      GJ

Comment

It really doesn't sound kidney related. I would bet on liver as well. Get to a new doctor!
                        T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Blood tests can tell kidney or liver issues and then simple abdominal ultrasounds. Dark brown almost rusty color is usually liver with or without stool issues. Then Ct scans and/or MRI after that and if something suspicious biopsy. CWO

Comment

so this is turning into Lymphadema.

no doubt about that.

it seems to wake up at night. I can feel something moving in the swollen lymph nodes.

the ones on the inner thighs, where the bruise and darkened skin was, turned into what looks like lymphadema.

I no longer have arm pits. and it is really affecting my boobs. one more than the other.

at night it gets harder to breath. my heart hurts more, and I get fevers and extreme sweating.

at night my pee can range from brown, to red or purple.

during the day it is normal clear looking pee.

if I tell my Dr that I don't think it will do my crazy lady persona any good.

the thing is, other people around here are sick. their complaints are like mine were about nine or ten months ago.

my daughter and grand daughter have a bump on the bottom of their feet, swollen red hands and feet and itching.

my daughter described it was like standing on marbles. for about three months it was like standing on marbles for me.

dr had no clue. from there its been one long nightmare.

at night it behaves like malaria.

I was a microbiology major in another life. with primary interests towards parasites that affect livestock.

I think this behaves like bovis babes, which is a protozoa that travels in bovine or deer tick bacteria.

the reason I think it could be protozoa is because of the broken red blood cells. and because it seems to wake up at night.

I wish I had a microscope, I could identify it myself.

hitches a ride in tick bacteria that affect cattle in the southwest.

Because we have had a couple of very mild winters, its a likely the damp meadows I used to work my dog in, are infected with this because of the deer feeders my neighbor put up. it attracts feral hogs, deer, and several types of rodents.

feral hogs can carry babesia bovis, infected ticks as well as deer and rodents.

the trouble is, to see it, the blood draw must be at night when the parasite is active.
                            a daytime blood draw will only show broken red blood cells where the larva were before they emerge and become adult protozoa.

Comment

I did my second year term paper on this parasite, and hemolytic anemia in cattle.
                              it wouldn't be contagious to other people, unless the tick that bit me also bit them. between us we have five cats. I watched their cat for a week last fall when they went away, then the cat went back home. babesia's other vector can be toxoplasmosis bacteria. the immune system can kill the toxo but not the protozoa. if a cat got bit by an infected deer tick, and the cat carried toxo, the protozoa can be spread to people with toxoplasmosis bacteria.

I had to spend a good chunk on flea meds because their kitty was loaded with flea's. we treated everyone with a type of oral ani parasite med that kills worms as well as flea's and ticks, but not the people. the ticks are almost too small to see.
                              so I think it is possible.

I doubt my dr would know much about protozoa.
                              Last edited by jody; 4 Apr 2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X