Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liver function test looks really bad - what should I do, I'm kind of freaking out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver function test looks really bad - what should I do, I'm kind of freaking out?

I just did a liver function test yesterday and my ALT and AST is way beyond the recommended range. I just started taking dantrolene over a month ago and my doctor told me to stop taking it immediately and do another liver function test in two weeks.

But I'm really concerned on how high the levels are, has anyone else have elevated levels this high before?

Dantrolene #1 side effect listed is hepatotoxicity= chemical driven liver damage

how long have you been on the medication?

are you having any symptoms?

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

for little over a month now. I don't have any symptoms and my doctor asked if I was looking yellow or if my eyes look yellow, which neither is the case.

Comment

Wow well good thing you are off the medication now

you should have your levels rechecked in a month to insure they return toward normal limits

dont drink alcohol or take excessive Tylenol in the next month either

pbr
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I have another LFT in two weeks so hopefully the levels are back to normal. Thanks again for the advice PBR

Comment

Working...
          X