Stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching

I'm a Canadian para and going to live on my own in a few days! But I found last week the CCAC (they provide home care) no longer provides stretching as a service. I have chronic nerve in my leg and I've been stretching since my injury almost 11 years ago.

How many people get stretching done? Where are you from?
    Never Give Up!

Have you tries using a stretching loop band? It will probably take some practice but with upper body strength and coordination, you should be able to do it.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

Comment

Most of our clients with paraplegia can learn how to do their own range of motion (stretching) exercises with a few minor pieces of equipment like leg loops and/or Theraband.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I agree with KLD. Someone should be able to set up a program for you to stretch yourself. That way, you are not limited as to the time of day that you are doing it.
        CKF
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X