crazy legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy legs

now im sleeping in the middle of the night and my legs are jumping all over the bed keeps on wakening me up losing sleep does any one have the same problem? c,5,6 complete quad

i did until i took baclofen before bed, if that didn't work popped a valium, if that didn't work smoked some mary jane
    snooore
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

yep.........for years.

I take carbidopa/levadopa (a Parkinsons drug) before bed and 1 mg lorazipam (adivan) and another, if I need it, during the night.

I'm 37 yrs PI and it's my theory that my nerve endings are shedding more and more of their myelin sheath resulting in random firing and neuropathy.

r
      Rick Goldstein
      GO! Mobility Solutions
      facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Sometimes it happens to me. I'm so happy to see them move that I close my eyes again with a smile in my face It doesn't bother me much. I wake up often during the night to urinate anyway. I don't take any meds at night.

Comment

Well, while it might be nice to see my legs move (and spasms kept me well-toned for many years), it's annoying when every 8-9 seconds my leg'll do a little shake.....especially when I start anticating them. Eventually I get tired enough to slep through them which the drugs help.

r
          Rick Goldstein
          GO! Mobility Solutions
          facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Every injury is different. I'm lucky then.

Comment

wheel2, I'm same level but incomplete. Do you use a standing frame? Helps my spasms immensely.

Comment

Standing and weight bearing does help some, but until you are cleared by a doctor don't do it. Do you do Range of Motion on your legs before going to bed? Might help some.

a little medication at night- baclofen, Ativan, Valium also might help to calm them down.

ckf
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                  Standing and weight bearing does help some, but until you are cleared by a doctor don't do it. Do you do Range of Motion on your legs before going to bed? Might help some.

a little medication at night- baclofen, Ativan, Valium also might help to calm them down.

ckf
                  standing only helps my tone/spasms for 30 mins after that i shake even more
                  C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

i found what it was i started taking caltrate for my bones it was the magnesium in the ingredients thank god they stopped i learned one thing you can buy over the counter this product its called leg cramps pm night time leg cramp relief it really helped

Comment

Glad you figured it out.

ckf
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Tizanidine (Xanaflex) is also good.In the beginning it will make you a little drowsy and might last 6 to 8 hours. Start on low dose- 2 mg and increase as needed.
                        Also, Restless Leg Syndrome is common in those with spinal nerve injuries- and other disorders. It is a movement but not typically as hard as a spasm. We see it in incomplete injuries mostly. Considered a "movement disorder".
                        Typically a neurologist needs to be consulted but as more common and now there are commercials on TV about it PCPs and SCI might be ordering medications.
                        CWO

Comment

Hi I am a C4-5 incomplete 12 years post injury and my legs are like the freaking Rockettes about seven years ago after I broke my second set of leg immobilizers I tried Botox in my hamstrings and my quads it takes three weeks to start working good and lasts for six weeks then I have to wait three more weeks
                          what I'm saying is insurance covers every three months 600 mg 300 in each leg my spinal cord Dr. (Dragon speak won't say what they're really called it will only put down physiatry test) after I started the Botox the bouncy legs went away no more pressure sores on my heels from my legs digging my heels into the bed
                          so my advice Botox if you can

Comment

Working...
                          X