No announcement yet.

blindsided by lung cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The cancer is gone" Such great news, Linsey. Really hope it stays out of the brain, and that there is no burning when you receive the treatment. you are a survivor.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Originally posted by Revis View Post
      "The cancer is gone" Such great news, Linsey. Really hope it stays out of the brain, and that there is no burning when you receive the treatment. you are a survivor.
      I'm a little nervous about the pci, I have to take steroids to stop my brain from swelling, the doctor said they'll shoot behind my eyes, so it doesn't hurt my vision, kinda makes you wonder how much damage it does to brain cells.
      "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

I didn't see this until now. what an adventure you've been having. Its good to know you are doing ok, and that you have had a good outcome from treatment.

I thought the suggestion about your wife adopting your daughter was good.
        Last edited by jody; 10-06-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
          I didn't see this until now. what an adventure you've been having. Its good to know you are doing ok, and that you have had a good outcome from treatment.

I thought the suggestion about your wife adopting your daughter was good.
          My wife would do it, but the mother would never give up parental rights especially since if I die, she'll get social security for my daughter. The courts bend over backwards for mothers that shouldn't be raising children, Nothing in this world beats a wonderful mother, but many women and men have no business raising children.
          "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

It's really quite sad and sick when states put the mother's rights above the child's. A friend of mine almost lost his son because of it. When he split up with the mother, she never asked to see her son. She only requested to take him for huge family gatherings where she needed to look like a mother in front of her family. Then she completely stopped. And then for some reason, she decided she wanted full custody. Initially nothing was done legally, they just split up (not married) and she didn't care for her son. So my friend searches around for the best lawyer, and gets told over and over that there's nothing he can do and if it goes to court she will get custody in this state. I had lived with them and seen her be abusive so I had planned on speaking in court on his behalf. Luckily it never happened, she dropped everything. The kid doesn't remember her at all and calls his stepmother mom.
            Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Working...
            X