Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excruciated pain near shoulder blade (rhomboid?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excruciated pain near shoulder blade (rhomboid?)

When I turn my head to the right or lift my right arm in a certain way, there is a tremendous shot of pain between my right shoulder blade and my (fused) spine. This has been going on for a week. I've had massage. There has been no improvement. I made an appointment for PT next week.
    Any guesses about what is going on?
    I do a lot of physical work around my house. I am T7 complete with much of my spine fused.
    Last edited by pararich; 16 Apr 2015, 9:59 PM. Reason: to clarify
    Rich

Could be a multitude of things any injury recently? I would suggest an appointment with an orthopaedist before you see the pt as pt may worsen things if there is something wrong with the joint or a tear somewhere.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Agree with Smashms. You need to see a doctor and have imaging studies before starting any kind of therapy.
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Need to xoray shoulder, and uppder back. Your PCP should be able to start with evaluation and xrays.
        CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Xrays were taken. Only showed arthritis. Been to one session of PT. They used ultrasound, massage. Showed me 2 stretches to do. Eventually will show me how to strengthen the muscles.
          When I was trying to get out of bed yesterday, it flared up. Got very angry- kind of violently powered through the pain and got out of bed.
          I have a lot to do since I live alone in my own house. I'm already disabled. Do I have to be more disabled?
          Hopefully the PT will help.

Thanks for encouraging me to seek help.
          Rich

Comment

Sounds like it is above your fusion. Consider steroid facet injectiion above your fusion. They are taking a beating...

Comment

Arndog, They really are taking a beating. At least I'm active.
              Thanks for the suggestion.
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              X