Baclofen pump ticking!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baclofen pump ticking!?

I have had my baclofen pump (synchromed ii) since 2010. For the past few months it has been making a ticking noise every two seconds. It sounds similar to a clock ticking. I can hear it through my stomach when in a quiet room, its even louder with a stethoscope. Has anybody heard of this happening before? Here's a link so you can hear it...http://youtu.be/RVAsVUqkqNE

And no, there have been no alarm tones sounding from my pump that I am aware of.

Thanks!
    Mag

There are rotors that turn but I have never heard of anyone hearing them& I have never heard them. Are you really thin? Call Medtronic and ask them?
    My wonderful Medtronic rep is on vacation or I would ask her!
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

My pump makes exactly the same sound! I've never noticed it before but since i'm having other pump-problems I am focussed as hell.

Is it something to worry about?

Comment

Mine does too. I haven't called Medtronic to ask but I do not think it's anything to worry about. I've been going on 2 years with it and no issues.

Comment

Weird I have had mine for two years never heard the ticking. Only thing i have heard is the alarm when my meds are low

Comment

Meanwhile I've heard some other pumps ticking too. That's a bit comforting!

Comment

I hope you called your provider and/or Medtronic to discuss with them. Hearing ticking - or anything- is not normal!
              CWO
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I've heard that before. I think it's some kind of alarm to let you know the batteries are getting low. I'm pretty sure I had mine replaced after I start hearing that. Maybe you can e-mail someone at Medtronic with that and see what they say
                C-5/6, 7-9-2000
                Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

It's this sound! Sometimes i can even hear it when I'm in a quiet room. With a stethoscope you can hear it much better.

My consultant say it's the rotor and nothing to worry about.

Please check out my other post too: http:///forum/showthread.php?234910-...65#post1766265

Comment

Man oh man, the ticking is driving me crazy at the moment. It's constantly there. I can even hear it when I am trying to fall asleep.

Other ticking pumps around here?

Comment

call bom-b squad - CHECK for bom-bs lolol
                      C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Originally posted by mac85 View Post
                        call bom-b squad - check for bom-bs lolol
                        lol!

Comment

Please check with your health care provider. While the rep is knowledgeable, I would feel more comfortable with the Provider knowing what is going on.
                          ckf

Comment

I am a ITB provider and I have never heard ticking- even in my very skinny pts. It does have rotors turning but I don't think you should be able to hear them. However, we have our pumps replaced when there is 6 months left on the ERI(Estimated Replacement Indicator) which is usually about 6.5 years. And there is no alarm when the motor stalls- it will show on the log. There is an Alarm set for low Volume- factory sets at 1 mls- we set at 2 mls. unless on very LOW daily dose. But that is it that is why you are educated about making sure you make your appointments and each refill you are to be told how long before it needs to be replaced. Your pump can totally not be working( plugged or totally displaced catheter) and it will not alarm! Only if below the low reservoir alarm.
                            Also, I hope those with the Synchromed II or any Medtronic pump have received the letter re: Medtronic's agreement with the FDA via your provider. You can go to the Medtronic website for more information.
                            If you haven't contacted your provider you should and they will interrogate it and make sure working ok then they will consult Medtronic also and file a report if needed. Or call the Medtronic Help desk- they are very knowledgeable.
                            CWO

Comment

Working...
                            X