New Over-the-Counter Wound Care Product Uses Microcyn Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Over-the-Counter Wound Care Product Uses Microcyn Technology

On the "BIG" thread that Susanne Lewis started about Microcyn in 2010, we have been discussing our confusion over changes in concentrations of HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) and FAC (Free Available Chlorine) in Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF. I contacted Innovacyn, the distributor of Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF and they told me they have made a change to their product line. For the time being, you will find Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF and Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus on the shelves of suppliers. Once the supplies of Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF have been sold out, Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus will be the products offered by Innovacyn.

I then spoke with management at Oculus Innovative Sciences, licensor of Microcyn Technology. The licensing agreement between Innovacyn and Oculus Innovative Sciences has expired. Innovacyn will no longer use licensed Microcyn Technology to produce the Vetericyn products, and thus the products are different from the original Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF that many of us have been using with great success for years.

In about three weeks, Oculus Innovative Sciences plans to introduce HydroCleanse, an over-the-counter (OTC), FDA approved wound care product for human use. The solution is Microcyn Technology based and packaged in a 16 ounce spray bottle. The product will have production stated concentrations of HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) 0.009% and FAC (Free Available Chlorine) 120, which has been tested to be gentle to skin in wound care treatment.

Oculus Innovative Sciences is making limited quantities of free samples of HydroCleanse available to members of our Care Cure Community. These free samples will come in 16-ounce plastic spray bottles. Beginning Monday, September 8, you can make arrangements to receive your sample by calling 1-800-759-9305 in the United States and 678-213-0657 outside of the United States. The call center will be open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-05-2014, 02:51 PM.

Thanks for this information
    pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks for that - I shall try this again.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I called the USA toll free number this morning. It took less than 2 minutes to place my request for my free sample of Hydrocleanse. I should have it in about 3 days.

All the best,
        GJ

Comment

I called number you posted as well. Lady was very nice and said they would ship out samples. Sounds like be more than one product? Thanks again for posting information. Maym and husband

Comment

They are sending me some. Thanks for the info. Is the hydrocleanse equivalent to Veteracyn or Veteracyn VF?
            You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
            http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
            http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
              They are sending me some. Thanks for the info. Is the hydrocleanse equivalent to Veteracyn or Veteracyn VF?
              Vetericyn VF concentration was HOCl=0.011% and FAC=150
              HydroCleanse production stated concentrations are HOCl=0.009% and FAC=120

As I recall Vetericyn was HOCl=0.003% or 0.004% and I don't think I ever had the FAC comparative numbers.

HOCl Hypochlorus Acid
              FAC Free Active Chlorine

I'd say HydroClense falls between (+/-) original Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF.

All the best,
              GJ

Comment

I ordered my samples yesterday, and received them today.

The label on the bottles for sale will be different than what you will get on the free sample bottles. The bottles are white plastic with a screw off cap, a seal beneath the cap, and the spray head we are familiar with.

All the best,
                GJ

Comment

Ordered my HydroCleanse sample today. I spoke to Sarah, who was very pleasant and said they will ship four samples tomorrow. Thanks GJ!
                  Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                  T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

So with all this change that could be the reason for the delay of my order of Vetercyn vf from Cal Vet?

And am I understanding this right they are now going to make Vetercyn that is marketed for human wound care? Does anyone know how much it will cost?
                    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
                      So with all this change that could be the reason for the delay of my order of Vetercyn vf from Cal Vet?

And am I understanding this right they are now going to make Vetercyn (no, the product that we are talking about here is not Vetericyn, see explanation below) that is marketed for human wound care? Does anyone know how much it will cost?
                      Innovacyn, distributors of Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF no longer hold a license with Oculus Innovative Sciences. The product that Innovacyn will be offering is going to be labeled Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus. Since the license agreement with Innovacyn and Oculus Innovative Sciences has expired, the Innovacyn product is no longer using licensed Oculus Innovative Sciences (Microcyn Technology), and thus is different from what all of us have been using.

The product that has been offered here as a sample is produced by Oculus Innovative Sciences based upon the proprietary Microcyn Technology. Oculus Innovative Sciences has indicated to me that the HydroCleanse (over the counter product) price will be about the same price as many of us has been paying for Vetericyn VF (abour $25.00).

All the best,
                      GJ
                      Last edited by gjnl; 09-10-2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I wonder if there will be a gel form of the new stuff. That is what I use on my scratches, cuts, etc.
                        You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                        http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                        http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
                          I wonder if there will be a gel form of the new stuff. That is what I use on my scratches, cuts, etc.
                          Stay tuned. I've heard something about a gel and will post when I know the details.

All the best,
                          GJ

Comment

Yesterday, Oculus Innovative Sciences announced Regenicyn, a new gel, based on Microcyn Technology that is specifically formulated for the treatment and management of scars. This is an over the counter product and it is pricey at $60.00 per 40ml. You can read more about it here: http://store.oculusis.com/home-page-...ogel-40ml.html

Oculus has had an over the counter gel product on the market for some time. Microcyn Wound and Skin Care OTC is available in 1.5oz bottles for $22.50. The gel is also based on licensed Microcyn Technology and formulated for "management of skin abrasions, lacerations, minor irritations, cuts and intact skin." http://store.oculusis.com/home-page-...l-samples.html

I took a look at the Vetericyn website this morning. They are now using the "Plus" brand name designation on most of the products, with a couple exceptions, one being the hydrogels.

All the best,
                            GJ

Comment

Thanks for the information GJ, I just ordered a free sample of HydroCleanse using the 800 number you provided. I asked the woman who answered the phone about when it will be available over-the-counter. She indicated that it will not be available at any of the local pharmacies such as CVS but rather you would have to call the provider in order to place your order. It did not sound like I could order multiple 16 oz bottles for a while. This would create a problem for me because I live in the cold country. This means I will have to order multiple bottles of Vetericyn VF to last me for the winter.

Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0. Thanks again, Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X