X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VVF Plus:

Comment

Thanks!

Here is the original Vetericyn VF label.

All the best,
      GJ

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vetericyn VF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	2658116

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
        Vetericyn (Original - Using Microcyn Technology)
        HOCl = 0.003%
        FAC = 80 parts per million

Vetericyn VF (Original - Using Microcyn Technology Introduced 7/2009)
        HOCl = 0.011%
        FAC = 150 parts per million

Vetericyn Plus (Without Microcyn Technology Introduced by Innovacyn 8-9/2014)
        HOCl = 0.004%
        FAC = ???

Vetericyn VF Plus (Without Microcyn Technology Introduced by Innovacyn 8-9/2014)
        HOCl = 0.015%
        FAC = 150 parts per million (From California Vet Supply website)

HydroCleanse (Introduced by Oculus Innovative Sciences 9/2014)
        HOCl = 0.011%
        FAC = 120 parts per million

I have requested Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) from Innovacyn, but have not received them, so I can't provide or confirm these concentrations of FAC (Free Active Chlorine) in their Plus products.

NOTE:
        Some of the suppliers that many of us have used are stating on their websites or telling customers by phone or email that Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus are the same formulas as before, just a new label. As you can see from the comparisons above, that isn't the case.

HOCl = Hypochlorus Acid
        FAC = Free Active Chlorine

All the best,
        GJ
        I just took a good look at my bottle last night (bought on Labor day from Tractor supply-my usual place) and noticed the "plus" on the label. So, I have already purchased the new stuff without even realizing it! I still have an old bottle of my Regular Vetericyn and it says "Hypoclorous Acid .004%, Elec. Water, and Sodium Chloride. The New Vetericyn Plus is...Hydroclorous Acid .0120%, Elec. water, Sodium Chloride, phosphates.
        So my percentage on the HOCL is a little different that what you show and the new plus has phosphates which do not show up in the "old" Vetericyn. I have been doing my bladder irrigations with this new Plus so hope they don't harm tissue.
        Last edited by tarheelandy; 15 Sep 2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelandy View Post
          I just took a good look at my bottle last night (bought on Labor day from Tractor supply-my usual place) and noticed the "plus" on the label. So, I have already purchased the new stuff without even realizing it! I still have an old bottle of my Regular Vetericyn and it says "Hypoclorous Acid .004%, Elec. Water, and Sodium Chloride. The New Vetericyn Plus is...Hydroclorous Acid .0120%, Elec. water, Sodium Chloride, phosphates.
          So my percentage on the HOCL is a little different that what you show and the new plus has phosphates which do not show up in the "old" Vetericyn. I have been doing my bladder irrigations with this new Plus so hope they don't harm tissue.
          That is a descrepancy. My information for Vetericyn Plus (not VF) came from a phone conversation I had with a sales agent at the Vetericyn online store. So, I will edit those numbers out until I can get the Material Safety Data Sheets.

But the concentrations you are reading from your bottle of Vetericy Plus makes Vetericyn Plus stronger than original Vetericyn VF.

NOTE: The change I made in the concentrations of original Vetericyn. When I began using Vetericyn 4+ years ago, the concentration of HOCl was 0.003%. I have been using Vetericyn VF exclusively for about 3-1/2 years and haven't kept up with the change you see on the older bottle you have.

Thanks for the information.

All the best,
          GJ
          Last edited by gjnl; 15 Sep 2014, 4:15 PM.

Comment

I got my samples today. I did a Google to see if Oculus started putting Hydrocleanse info online. I got a real surprise. All of the search hits were for Hydro Cleanse, a bidet. Oculus might want to rethink their product name. lol
            You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
            http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
            http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
              I got my samples today. I did a Google to see if Oculus started putting Hydrocleanse info online. I got a real surprise. All of the search hits were for Hydro Cleanse, a bidet. Oculus might want to rethink their product name. lol
              I had this discussion with a person in Oculus Innovative Sciences management. Hydro Cleanse (with a space between the words) is in fact an add on bidet in the UK, the name of colonic hydro cleansing clinics in Australia, the UK, and S. Calif., and a battery operated bath brush.

For the time being Oculus is staying with HydroCleanse (all one word, no space, capital H and capital C).

Anyone have an idea for a better name?

Update: HydroCleanse will be available for purchase, possibly 2 weeks, but maybe more like 4 weeks. You will be able to purchase HydroCleanse only by contacting the call center where you called for your samples.

All the best,
              GJ

Comment

I wondered that as well after googling HydroCleanse.

I got my samples, there's nothing on the label about FAC?
                Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Lin View Post
                  I wondered that as well after googling HydroCleanse.

I got my samples, there's nothing on the label about FAC?
                  Hi Lin,
                  This is what my source at Oculus Innovative Sciences has provided for the essential concentrations:
                  HydroCleanse (Introduced by Oculus Innovative Sciences 9/2014)
                  HOCl = 0.011%
                  FAC = 120 parts per million

FAC has not been a part of any label...Vetericyn, Vetericyn VF, and certainly not Vetericyn Plus or Vetericyn VF Plus since Innovacyn is not being forth coming with their Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for these newly labeled products.

All the best,
                  GJ

Comment

Hi "tarheelandy,"
                    Your welcome.

The only way to answer you is what I plan to do. I have used Vetericyn VF diluted. 20cc of Vetericyn VF and 10cc of saline. The HydroCleanse concentration of HOCl is just 0.002% less than ("old") Vetericyn VF (closer to "old" Vetericyn VF in concentration than to "old," regular Vetericyn). I plan to use 20cc of HydroCleanse and 10cc of saline, same as I used before and see how that works for me. If I see changes in the appearance and smell of the urine, I will make adjustments.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it it working.

All the best,
                    GJ
                    Why do you dilute the VF? Does it irritate the bladder if it is full strength?

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelandy View Post
                      Why do you dilute the VF? Does it irritate the bladder if it is full strength?
                      There are a couple reasons some of us dilute HydroCleanse (and before that Vetericyn VF), some of us for just one reason, some of us for both.

First, some people (I don't think it is a great percentage) experience bowel distress, bloating, gas and even diarrhea when using full strength. This isn't fully understood.

Second, some people (not a great percentage, either) experience bladder spasms that trigger autonomic dysreflexia (AD). This isn't fully understood either. It maybe that people who have suprapubic catheters and plug the catheter to retain HydroCleanse (for too long of a period) get a distended bladder (small bladder over filled with liquid). That doesn't however speak to why undiluted HydroCleanse can cause AD and diluted HydroCleanse doesn't. Personally, I have used Vetericyn, Vetericyn VF, and a few trial formulations that Oculus never released. All of them have caused AD for me, undiluted, in a very short period of retention. I know of many people who use intermittent catheterization and instill HydroCleanse can leave it in their bladders until the next time they cath. HydroCleanse is pH neutral and in tests, the formulation has been found none irritating to skin, eyes, mucous membranes and has been used on burns and wounds for years with outstanding efficacy.

As has been stated many times, we are all on our own journeys of experimentation. One thing I will note, is that HydroCleanse probably doesn't have to be retained for more than about 5 minutes to work. In four years, I have had less than a handful of urinary tract infections with the practice of instilling and retaining diluted Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF for 5 minutes. As an added bonus to diluting the product, it doesn't cost as much as using full strength, because I use 2 parts HydroCleanse to 1 part saline. That is a practical benefit.

All the best,
                      GJ

Comment

Thanks for explaining! That helps. I leave in for about 10 mins 2 times a week. Occasionly, it will run back out as if my bladder doesn't want it in there which I think might be a bladder spasm reacting to it (I take vesicare for spams). I've never had AD so I guess I won't worry about that then.

Comment

There are a couple reasons some of us dilute HydroCleanse (and before that Vetericyn VF), some of us for just one reason, some of us for both.

First, some people (I don't think it is a great percentage) experience bowel distress, bloating, gas and even diarrhea when using full strength. This isn't fully understood.

Second, some people (not a great percentage, either) experience bladder spasms that trigger autonomic dysreflexia (AD). This isn't fully understood either. It maybe that people who have suprapubic catheters and plug the catheter to retain HydroCleanse (for too long of a period) get a distended bladder (small bladder over filled with liquid). That doesn't however speak to why undiluted HydroCleanse can cause AD and diluted HydroCleanse doesn't. Personally, I have used Vetericyn, Vetericyn VF, and a few trial formulations that Oculus never released. All of them have caused AD for me, undiluted, in a very short period of retention. I know of many people who use intermittent catheterization and instill HydroCleanse can leave it in their bladders until the next time they cath. HydroCleanse is pH neutral and in tests, the formulation has been found none irritating to skin, eyes, mucous membranes and has been used on burns and wounds for years with outstanding efficacy.

As has been stated many times, we are all on our own journeys of experimentation. One thing I will note, is that HydroCleanse probably doesn't have to be retained for more than about 5 minutes to work. In four years, I have had less than a handful of urinary tract infections with the practice of instilling and retaining diluted Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF for 5 minutes. As an added bonus to diluting the product, it doesn't cost as much as using full strength, because I use 2 parts HydroCleanse to 1 part saline. That is a practical benefit.

All the best,
                          GJ
                          Hi GJ
                          Thank you so much for all the research you do and the great job of keeping us all updated. I know I would be lost without you.

I just wanted add my experience I CIC the first time I tried VVF was during a UTI that resisted several bouts of antibiotics I did not follow the recommended protocol of staring VVF before finishing the antibiotics :-( and the UTI started representing itself my desperation out weighed my fear and I instilled a small amount of VVF and my bladder went into major spasms but I did feel better as far as symptoms. Still being nervous I did not reinstlill and the infection was back burning frequency chills but no fever over 100,000 count EColi.

So I got up my nerve and started instilling 30ml of regular V and saw no problems I left it in till my next cath about 4 hours drinking lots of water to fill my huge bladder, I did this 2x a day for a week when symptoms subsided I reduces to 1x a day for about 3 weeks. I now instill 10ml VVF with 20ml V once every 3 days and roll in bed to cover my bladder and I cath within one or two hours after.
                          My UA's have remained clean even the usual signs of inflammation that showed up are gone I am symptom free my urine sparkles.
                          Doc will be doing a scope in December I will let you know how that goes. Now I only get nervous that I will run out of V (HydroCleanse)

P.S. I never experienced the spasms again, rarely I will get a slight burning sensation I believe the spasms were due to the sudden die off of a large population of bugs all at once. And the burning only happens when I am irritated.

Diane
                          Last edited by Hope1111; 26 Sep 2014, 10:49 AM. Reason: Spelling & add PS

Comment

Hi Diane,
                            Glad HydroCleanse is working for you. It's great you are off the antibiotic merry-go-round.

All the best,
                            GJ

Comment

Has anyone had trouble getting through to request a sample? I was able to so easily a weeks ago, but two people I know have been leaving messages to no avail.

Comment

Don't see the Hydrocleanse name on the website at all. Sent them a email about whether or not the OTC has received Health Canada approval.

Comment

Working...
                                X