Foot swelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foot swelling

A friend posted this on CareCure's FB page, please advise.

So Robbies foot has been swelling for no reason. It happened last week, we thought he injured it but the next day it was back to normal. Now today it blew up again. Just one foot. Should I be worried? This is new to us.

Hello
    Any history of blood clots? any recent trauma to the foot? If he injured it it could be a sprain or a fracture if he has no feeling in foot he may not know
    A good idea to get to provider to get pulses in foot checked rule out blood clot and get an xray rule out fracture

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Any change in color of foot?

Comment

Salt + not enough hydration + hot weather. OR constipation (left foot?)
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Hello friends, thanks so much for the helpful info. No change in color, have ruled out injury, YES only left foot, could be constipation. Didn't know that was a sign...so helpful as usual!

Comment

Robbie has a vascular condition so clots and bleeds are always a concern. Will get this checked, thank you.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Hello
            Any history of blood clots? any recent trauma to the foot? If he injured it it could be a sprain or a fracture if he has no feeling in foot he may not know
            A good idea to get to provider to get pulses in foot checked rule out blood clot and get an xray rule out fracture

pbr

Comment

These days - it's either dairy or sugar (I'm in denial) in ice cream that is making my feet swell as well. I refuse to give up my Ben & Jerry's addiction. REFUSE. lol
              Last edited by lynnifer; 3 Jul 2014, 10:30 AM.
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Jen mine is now Kilwins ice cream it is absolutely the best. Lol not sure if they are up where you are but if they are try them. Its a chocolate shop.
                T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

That Ben & Jerry is great! I can eat that until I blow up. My dog likes it as well.

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post

These days - it's either dairy or sugar (I'm in denial) in ice cream that is making my feet swell as well. I refuse to give up my Ben & Jerry's addiction. REFUSE. lol

Comment

Been wondering how you guys are! Sorry you are dealing with an oddity. We had something come up this morning too and I jumped on looking for info before the trip to the doctor.

Comment

The older I get the more addictive ice cream becomes.

Comment

you know its funny about foot swelling...my feet were slightly swollen one time when I got together with my Yoga teacher. She said "I want you to soak your feet in cold water tonight." that was the WRONG Thing to do, for my condition. my feet were huge the next day. Lowering the temperature increases the actions potentials required to make the muscles fire, WRONG thing to do for a spinal cord condition where swelling is due to disuse. Now if you injure it that may be a different story.

IN fact for me in my case, during the day I've gone back to a tighter shoe. You know what? My feet are 30% less swollen 24/7 because of it! Praise be!

Comment

my right foot swells and my left does not. i had ultra sound too to rule out clots, and also xrays. i had an mri done as a result of pressure sore on the ankle so they looked for other things too, found only a slight tear in the tendon on the bottom of my foot. i wear stockings religiously now from here, http://www.discountsurgical.com/ it helps alot, plus i now sleep with this leg elevated at night.

Comment

I wore CEP athletic compression socks daily for 1 + year. From the time I got out of shower until the time I went to bed. Never wore them in bed. hose thinks pretty much eliminated any foot swelling. I actually was able to begin to perform exercise after that. They were a huge help. They were not cheap and had to be extremely good at being able to put them on as well as take them off. Here is where I got them www.compressionstockings.com .

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                              Salt + not enough hydration + hot weather. OR constipation (left foot?)
                              I didn't know about left foot swelling and constipation thing either. Thanks Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X