Anyone tried ditching the ditropan xl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried ditching the ditropan xl?

I've been t-5 for almost 30 years. I'm incomplete so I have some feeling and know when I have to pee, but have to cath myself to do so (unless I wait too long, then I just pee but don't usually fully empty my bladder.)
    Do I really HAVE to take ditropan xl? I hate the side effects. I thought I remembered someone saying something about it helping with pressure, and to stop taking it could be a bad thing...?

Oops...never mind. I see where an SCI nurse has replied to someone about this already.

Comment

Have you tried Detrol, Sactura or Vesicare? I don't think Detrol and Vesicare dry one out so much. I am not sure what to expect after when on the ditro so long.
      And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

I stopped it, but I use SP cath. My urologist said it's not a problem. And I guess he was right. Its been about 15 years since I quit.

What did SCI Nurse say? Can you post the link or delete this thread, so we don't repeat it?
        "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by ThinkerGirl View Post
          I've been t-5 for almost 30 years. I'm incomplete so I have some feeling and know when I have to pee, but have to cath myself to do so (unless I wait too long, then I just pee but don't usually fully empty my bladder.)
          Do I really HAVE to take ditropan xl? I hate the side effects. I thought I remembered someone saying something about it helping with pressure, and to stop taking it could be a bad thing...?
          Have you considered Botox injections?

All the best,
          GJ

Comment

Agree with comments above to try different medications
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
            X