Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed! Sudden unexplained Autonomic Dysreflexia- need Dr. Wise/Nurse or Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year later I am still adjusting to my new seating system. But then mine includes cut outs in the hard part of the Jay cushion so I sit with my hips straighter and the new back has stabilizers for side support. Getting older in a chair is not for sissies. My left side is stronger in most areas than my right so I tended to lean to the left causing scoliosis. This works fairly well in my power chair but I just ordered a plain back for my manual chair. I can't move around in it with the side stabilizers and that caused some pressure spots over a two week trip. Since that travel is mainly for travel I'd rather have to concentrate on how I am sitting and not worry about getting a sore. But yes, even in the power chair and tilt I still get rather sore after a long day up.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

http://pushliving.com/index.php/life...ic-dysreflexia

I wrote this for my webpage to help educate others on the issue. Please like and share if you feel it has value. If I made any mistakes, let me know and I can change.

I Figured something productive needed to come out of this experience.

No more episodes...just goose pimples in legs with movement...motrin only for now...until more tests.

thanks everyone who responded.
      "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Did you ever figure out what was causing the AD? I am having VERY similar symptoms.

Comment

Working...
        X