Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else has this problem?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I didn't start having accidents until last year and my doctor put me on Vesicare after seeing my urodynamics spasming at @ 175 ml. It worked for me. It is kind of expensive (45/mo) so I started off just taking the 5mg pill every other day. That worked for about nine months then I had to go up to 5 mg pill each day. Thats been about 6 months ago. Only side effect from it for me is dry eyes (which are already dry from the baclofen).

    Comment


    • #32
      Was for me, they can tell if your bladder walls are thickened either from a simple xray or a ultrasound, you should be checked to find out if that's your main issue. You saying you have a very spastic bladder leads me to believe the thickened bladder walls is your issue, was for me and I also have a very spastic bladder.

      Originally posted by Wheelie_girl_ View Post
      Does that mean Botox is useless?
      "Life is about how you
      respond to not only the
      challenges you're dealt but
      the challenges you seek...If
      you have no goals, no
      mountains to climb, your
      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
        Was for me, they can tell if your bladder walls are thickened either from a simple xray or a ultrasound, you should be checked to find out if that's your main issue. You saying you have a very spastic bladder leads me to believe the thickened bladder walls is your issue, was for me and I also have a very spastic bladder.
        So how do you manage now? any medications?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
          Good luck with the IVF!!!!-( BTW-when you get pregnant you will pee all the time anyway so maybe you are just ahead of the game!!!!)
          CWO
          LOL..my urologist said for now just focus on IVF.. come back in Nov ..if IVF worked we do Botox after you give birth if not we do botox then give your body a few months rest then start another IVF.. I hope it works as its sooo expensive each cycle

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Wheelie_girl_ View Post
            LOL..my urologist said for now just focus on IVF.. come back in Nov ..if IVF worked we do Botox after you give birth if not we do botox then give your body a few months rest then start another IVF.. I hope it works as its sooo expensive each cycle
            You will want something easier if the IVF is successful. Maybe a urethral or subrapubic catheter. I think a urethral foley may be safer once labor starts but I haven't been there so don't know. I doubt any doctor would give botox to anyone pregnant even fore facial wrinkles. But definitely go see about it again after your pregnanxy and any breast feeding. If you choose an augment and mitro you might want to wait until you are sure your family is complete.
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

            Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

            Comment


            • #36
              YEP! I was right! my comment got deleted.. freedom of speech is dead in this forum

              Comment


              • #37
                So Im on foley until I'm done with IVF and stuff & I can take medication or Botox. the first few days were great and I could finally get some sleep..now since this morning its leaking..there is no kink or blockage..my urin is super clear..wtf is going on..im sick of it..nothing ever works for me

                Comment


                • #38
                  Very likely that the indwelling catheter is causing bladder spasm, which is the cause of your leakage. Discuss the use of anticholenergics with your OB/Gyn for any safe to use when attempting pregnancy. Ask them about Robinul. I have not used that in neurogenic bladder, but it would be worth exploring.

                  http://www.rxlist.com/robinul-drug/w...recautions.htm

                  (KLD)
                  Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 07-10-2014, 02:48 PM.
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                    Very likely that the indwelling catheter is causing bladder spasm, which is the cause of your leakage. Discuss the use of anticholenergics with your OB/Gyn for any safe to use when attempting pregnancy. Ask them about Robinul. I have not used that in neurogenic bladder, but it would be worth exploring.

                    http://www.rxlist.com/robinul-drug/w...recautions.htm

                    (KLD)
                    You are INCREDIBLE! I will

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X