No announcement yet.

Anyone else has this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im right there with you sister, only thing that ever helped me was Botox treatments in my bladder.

its been 1 year since my last treatment and it ran out; I have started getting up every hour or so as well. So time for botox.

Comment

This is probably a dumb question, but is there any way you can cath at night without getting up. If you have everything you need next to the bed?
      T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

I cath in bed before I go to sleep. I leave it on my nightstand wrap my cath tube up in tissue. I than cath in the middle of the night in bed do the same with my cath tube. Cath before I get up do the same thing. Take everything into the bathroom in the morning. I use a rectangular plastic container that I buy at the grocery store that you store leftovers in. It works fine unless I have tremendous out put over night and sometimes it gets interesting getting it to the bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by diaspora View Post
          Im right there with you sister, only thing that ever helped me was Botox treatments in my bladder.

its been 1 year since my last treatment and it ran out; I have started getting up every hour or so as well. So time for botox.
          I know but we are planning to do an IVF and my urologist doesnt know the side effect of the botox He said come back after you are done with it ..mean while , I guess nothing i can do

Comment

You could try the medications mentioned, but I am not sure if that is ok with your OBGYN. I would definitely check with them before adding anything to your regiment.CKF
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Yea, I wouldn't touch botox while trying to get pregnant or during the pregnancy. I had several series of botulitum toxin shots in my right hand and arm for a contracture. This was way back in 1995 or so at Walter Reed. In my later reading on it they starting finding that even the miniscule amounts used can travel to other parts of the body far distant from where it is originally injected. I think if you post in Mobile Women a few who have been where you are might see the question easier.
              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Since your bladder is so spastic you probably have thickened bladder walls hence the low capacity, that was the case for me and I/C was a nightmare. You may want to think about a bladder augmentation and maybe a mitro to make cathing more easy and if your against that a s/p is probably the best other option. To try to keep doing things as you have and do nothing is just asking for a lot of misery in your life.
                "Life is about how you
                respond to not only the
                challenges you're dealt but
                the challenges you seek...If
                you have no goals, no
                mountains to climb, your
                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I put in a foley overnight - works fine. I have a ton of extra 14 French if you want to give it a try...
                  Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                  T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

200 mg is not normal and they Myrbetriq isn't working. See if you can take an anticholinergic with it and you are a great candidate for Botox to the bladder!!! that relaxes it and keeps it relaxed for months if it works!
                    CWO
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                      Since your bladder is so spastic you probably have thickened bladder walls hence the low capacity, that was the case for me and I/C was a nightmare. You may want to think about a bladder augmentation and maybe a mitro to make cathing more easy and if your against that a s/p is probably the best other option. To try to keep doing things as you have and do nothing is just asking for a lot of misery in your life.
                      Does that mean Botox is useless?

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                        200 mg is not normal and they Myrbetriq isn't working. See if you can take an anticholinergic with it and you are a great candidate for Botox to the bladder!!! that relaxes it and keeps it relaxed for months if it works!
                        CWO
                        What is anticholinergic ? I'll ask my GP next time

Comment

Anticholinergics are prescribed to relax the bladder and prevent spasms. Effectively, the bladder can hold more urine if spasms are controlled. Anticholinergics include tolterodine tartrate, Detrol LA, oxybutynin chloride, Ditropan, darifenacin, Enablex, oxybutynin, Oxytrol, trospium chloride, Sanctura XR, and solifenacin, Vesicare.

All the best,
                          GJ

Comment

Anticholinergics are the originals Oxybutynin(Ditropan), Sanctura, enablex, Detrol LA- they were the first. They do make your mouth dry. They have the short acting forms- take 2-3 times a day and the long acting forms( take 1-2 times a day).Myrbetriq is the newest form and a different classification. Did you have urodynamic testing? What did it show?
                            You can take MYrbetriq with one of these also.
                            CWO

Comment

I did both cycto & urodynamic. I leaked at I think 150ish.. My urologist says Im the perfect candidate for botox but he is not gonna do it due to our upcoming IVF..sigh

Comment

Good luck with the IVF!!!!-( BTW-when you get pregnant you will pee all the time anyway so maybe you are just ahead of the game!!!!)
                                CWO

Comment

Working...
                                X