Bone health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone health

I was wondering if fractures in the bone showed up on bone density scan? Do you generally get osteoporosis in the joints? I bashed my elbow a Month ago on concrete just my own momentum by mistake I have no sensation but it has been cracking a lot lately some are small, some are pretty big with movement for twisting and sometimes they are more of a thud,This has been happening in my back spine as well?

I am not qualified to answer all of your questions, so I'll leave that to the experts. I Just wanted to suggest that, if you fell recently, it is probably a good idea to have that area examined by a doctor and possibly x-rayed, especially if you can not feel that area. That is really the only way to determine if there is any type of damage. Good luck, I wish you the best.

Comment

Normally tests for osteoporosis, the DEXA scans, are at the hip joint area. If you think wyou broke something a simple xrays will show it. I've managed to only break an arm in 21 years and that was stirring cookie dough. Long story because I should have had it xrayed sooner.
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

You should definitely have it checked out by your doctor. Is there any swelling? redness? bruising? A simple xray will tell you if you broke anything, but I would strongly encourage you to be seen by a health care professional, especially since you have a lack of sensation.
        CKF
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X