Suprapubic Cath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suprapubic Cath

I had my outpatient surgery last Thursday to place my SP and everything went well and continues to go well which is a plus after the last few years. I can only hope the next few weeks, few months and few years go as smoothly as the last few days!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

You may want to read the various posts about using Vetericyn to help prevent bladder colonization and urinary tract infection with a suprapubic catheter. If you need some help, please feel free to ask any questions.

All the best,
    GJ

Comment

Yes we have been using vetericyn for a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
        Cowboy
        how are you doing sorry I have been so busy

Comment

Hi Stevie

I'm hanging in there my SP seems to be working like it should HOWEVER yesterday we must have had a small kink in it because I leaked around the SP cath and ended up wet. Learning on the go as with most things other then that I wish my nerve pain would GO AWAY but that's life I guess.

How are you doing?

Comment

Glad it is going smoothly so far. Hope it simplifies things for you.
            My husband has one and has had good luck with it.

Comment

Im scheduled to have my SP put in 6/21 i hope all goes well. When should i order vetericyn?

Comment

Originally posted by SLIQNES View Post
                Im scheduled to have my SP put in 6/21 i hope all goes well. When should i order vetericyn?
                Any time.

Wishing you well with the placement of your suprapubic catheter.

All the best,
                GJ

Comment

Originally posted by SLIQNES View Post
                  What is the vetericyn for? I had to take an antibiotic for about a week before I had mine done. I am getting the stitches removed tomorrow. I leaked a little urin the first day but they put enough bandage to soak it up and for the last few days it has just been some blood as the stitches pulled out a little bit.

Stevie P

Comment

Hi Stevie

I'm hanging in there my SP seems to be working like it should HOWEVER yesterday we must have had a small kink in it because I leaked around the SP cath and ended up wet. Learning on the go as with most things other then that I wish my nerve pain would GO AWAY but that's life I guess.

How are you doing?
                    You must be a a really low quad because I thought that only paras had the nerve pain. I have it and it drives me crazy. I take methadone and it will take the edge off of it most of the time but it is always there.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieP View Post
                      What is the vetericyn for?

Stevie P
                      Many of us use Vetericyn (Vetericyn VF, Microcyn, Puracyn, or Dermacyn) as a bladder instillation, prophlactically, to help prevent bladder colonization and urinary tract infections.

You can get more information at these threads and a website below:
                      /forum/showthread.php?t=133414
                      /forum/showthread.php?t=149966
                      /forum/showthread.php?t=143797
                      /forum/showthread.php?t=167480

http://vetericyn.com/technology/faq.php

All the best,
                      GJ

Comment

Stevie, I'm a C 4/5 I'm not sure about the level of injury as to whether or not one has nerve pain I just know it sucks! The first 24 or 25 years of my injury were for the most part smooth sailing and the last four years or so have on more than one occasion tested my will to live.

I'm 47 and falling apart quickly!! I know there's people out there much worse off than myself and I should be thankful.. Anyhow hope everything is going well with you I go in if Friday to get my stitches out.

Comment

Working...
                        X