pimple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pimple

I have a pimple on my bottom in a place that could really be a pimple or ingrown hair...or pressure sore. Does it heal faster if the pimple is popped or unpopped?

Thank you

Mona
    sigpic

Don't pop it! It opens the area up to infection. If it pops on it's own, warm compresses to the area help it to drain. Keep it dry and clean - and it should go away.
    CKF
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you very much. You said keep it dry, should I put Neosporin on it? Also, am I right, a pressure sore can look like a pimple? Most people that see it say it is just a pimple, but I told them that it could be the beginning of a pressure sore because they sometimes look like pimples, am I right?
      sigpic

Comment

You are right about them developing into pressure ulcers. Not common, but can happen. Unless it pops (which it probably will), i wouldn't worry about the neosporin. You are just putting it on top of your skin. Once it opens (if it does), then i would say go ahead and use it.
        CKF
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you for answering. It's quite red around the pimple. I'm going to see if I can post a picture for you. I'm telling you my gut response is to pop this thing, but I haven't so far. It just seems like if you get that nasty pus out it will heal faster.
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

wash the area with salicylic acid facewash. this will help the pimple heal. make sure to pat your bum dry afterwards and dont scrub too hard. use a cottonball if you can
              "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
              http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

What do you think? Pimple or pressure sore? I've been keeping a bandaid over it because when I turn and move in bed, I don't want it to bust open. Is that ok?
                sigpic

Comment

Is that going to burn it? I haven't been putting anything on it except neosporin. Should I be putting alcohol?
                  sigpic

Comment

no dont use alcohol as it is harsh on the skin. just go to the acne section of your store and buy any of the face washes with the salicylic acid in it. find the one with the lowest amount if you're afraid of skin irritation.
                    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Thank you crypticgimp. I'll go get some.
                      sigpic

Comment

try taking 3 Advil before bed; that may help subdue any inflammation while you're off of it.

and I agree: don't pop it.

Comment

Thank you Scott. I haven't popped it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Man, I don't understand all the apprehension about popping it. I get something like that, I pop it, keep it clean, and use alcohol followed by neosporine. Those kinds of things hurt so bad and the relief I get by popping it ... OMG. I know we're not supposed to pop our pimples, but does anyone really follow that? There's something in there. It wants to get out. It will probably pop anyway unless you lie in bed all day and even then. I know everyone's different, but that's how I've always done it. YMMV.

Comment

It looks nastier than I thought. Has anyone taken a look at it? It might need to be opened, but I am not sure that it is a good idea for you to do it. Keeping it covered with a bandaid and the neosporin is fine.
                              CKF

Comment

Working...
                              X