Bloody diarrhea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody diarrhea

I was hit Sunday evening with a headache, projectile vomiting, stomach pain I feel, and massive diarrhea. While the projectile vomiting has stopped and I can finally manage small sips of water, headache continues (AD?), what was a bloody fecal matter mix is now just funny looking blood. It isn't dark, not bright red, just brownish red and in little bits, some looking almost like sand. I'm passing this every one to two hours now, not in huge amounts, but it continues. I'm shaky feeling.

I have not taken Immodium as it seems I need to see what I am passing given the blood. I gave not eaten since before this started Sunday.

My bowel program was regular until this happened so I'm not blocked.

Any ideas what is up? TIA.

BTW, I have cerebral palsy and an inc c 6/7.

salmonella. go to er.

Comment

good luck hon. don't waste any time.

Comment

I would also get checked for C-Diff, it's an irritation type infection the the intestine and could be causing these problems.
        BobbieLee
        SCI from L5 to S2-S3, complete Cauda Equina Syndrome , symptoms from waist to feet, as well and as far up to the stomach. Spinal cord surgery for removal of tumor Jan 2009

Comment

Get to the ER! It is not something to fool around with. The blood could be from irritation, but better to get it checked out and to get some fluids in you.
          CKF
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks, all. I'm slightly improved today, still passing small amts. blood, drinking h2o, less stomach pain. Call into my doc.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose View Post
              Thanks, all. I'm slightly improved today, still passing small amts. blood, drinking h2o, less stomach pain. Call into my doc.
              don't get dehydrated!
              Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Sounds like the symptoms of Novovirus.
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

ME, you're having symptoms like my Mom before she had a serious bleeding ulcer problem. Best to go see the ER people if your doc can't get you in for tests today. Feel better soon!
                  Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Let us know what is going on. Hopefully, you went to the ER.
                    CKF
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Just saw this, ME, and sure hope you get some medical care soon!
                      get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

looked as though i was better. tried eating a few crackers, small amt of broth and jello today. started the projectile vomiting and diarrhea all over again. talked w.doc again tonight. will hit e.r. if worse at all. if not,se e doc in a.m. taking backpack of essentials w/me in case admitted. am to continue clear liquids, no food, eat pedialyte pops as can.

thanks for good thoughts all. whatever this is sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMemChose View Post
                          looked as though i was better. tried eating a few crackers, small amt of broth and jello today. started the projectile vomiting and diarrhea all over again. talked w.doc again tonight. will hit e.r. if worse at all. if not,se e doc in a.m. taking backpack of essentials w/me in case admitted. am to continue clear liquids, no food, eat pedialyte pops as can.

thanks for good thoughts all. whatever this is sucks.
                          Sorry to be irreverent here, but it sounds more like it blows. I do hope you feel better soon.
                          Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

doc said stomach virus as he has seen others with same symptoms in last 2 wks. am to continue w/pediapops, water, clear liquids, no food, lots of rest. if no diarrhea or vomiting today, can try broth tomorrow. urine is not dark today. good sign as darker pee can mean dehydration. who knew? if i worsen, e.r.

off to tend my exhausted self. thx again.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of this going around! Sorry it hit you so badly. Take care!
                              CKf

Comment

Working...
                              X