Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use anticholinergics with benign side effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use anticholinergics with benign side effects?

I am just starting Toviaz this week and already hard to tolerate the dry eyes and mouth. The baclofen I take does that already, so it is a double whammy! I am using drops 3 to 4 times a day and it is still umcomfortable. I know these all have side effects of "drying out" but was wondering if some are better than others....

It is pretty much trial and error to find the one that causes you the least side effects. Options for those who do intermittent cath is to do intravesical instillation of oxybutinin (which causes much fewer side effects) or to consider bladder Botox instead.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I tried several before settling on Ditropan ER. As I got older the dryness got worse, so I cut back to a pill every 28 hours. It works for me, but I tend to be a bit obsessive.
      Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

I use Ditropan XL at a high dosage (have not tried any others). It does give me quite a dry mouth but I prefer that to leaking and having to wear diapers. I use a mouth rinse prescribed by my dentist. It doesn't bother me all day.

Comment

I take vesicare and the only annoying side effect for me is blurry vision :-(
          BobbieLee
          SCI from L5 to S2-S3, complete Cauda Equina Syndrome , symptoms from waist to feet, as well and as far up to the stomach. Spinal cord surgery for removal of tumor Jan 2009

Comment

Working...
          X