Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice from a female Quad that Cathy's themselves :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Advice from a female Quad that Cathy's themselves :)

    Hi...

    If you area female quad that cathy themselves, please email me.


    Thank
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 9 Feb 2013, 10:48 PM. Reason: Should not include email address in posting.

    #2
    What is all the drama??? Is there a problem if I put my number when I am selling a piece of equipment? Or is I have a question and want them to email me? I have no problem giving out this info, why do all of you? I have an important question for a female quad that Caths themselves.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by christanzacc
      I have a lack of profile bc I do not use this as much. I read posts but do not offen post. I have questions so I posted for an answer.
      If you have a question, ask it. If you don't want to ask the question in the pubic forum, Care Cure Community has a Women's Only forum that you can join to get a response to a personal question from other women. Alternatively, you could post some idea of the kind of question you have on the pubic forums and ask that someone send you a private message which is a feature on this site. Likewise, if you are trying to sell equipment, members can send you a private message if they have interest in your items. There is no need to contact you by private email or phone.

      It is recommended by administrators and moderators on this site that members do not click on sites or email address with which they are not familiar. Your email address could conceivably take someone to a "phishing" site where data is mined off of a computer or where a virus may be planted on a computer.

      There is no drama intended, we are just being cautious. Frankly using the term "Cathy's themselves" and the smiley face doesn't sound or look very legitimate.

      All the best,
      GJ
      Last edited by gjnl; 13 Feb 2013, 4:40 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by christanzacc View Post
        What is all the drama??? Is there a problem if I put my number when I am selling a piece of equipment? Or is I have a question and want them to email me? I have no problem giving out this info, why do all of you? I have an important question for a female quad that Caths themselves.
        No drama just good sense. Just being on the safe side and you can PM someone and as said you can use the women's forum. When someone always request people contact them instead of just having an open conversation no matter what the topic that can be a red flag....

        Comment


          #5
          Hi all

          I know Christan, she's legit. Hasn't spent much time on CC therefore she doesn't know about devotees or the dangers of putting her personal info out there. I'll fill her in. (I cleaned the thread but left the posts with advice/explanations).
          Last edited by Jim; 13 Feb 2013, 5:33 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Hi all

            I know Christan, she's legit. Hasn't spent much time on CC therefore she doesn't know about devotees or the dangers of putting her personal info out there. I'll fill her in. (I cleaned the thread but left the posts with advice/explanations).

            Good job Jim.
            It is a sad fact that so many fake and perverted people have made many of us extra cautious and there are fewer responses to new and legitimate posts.
            Being burned by the fakers has made us understandably leery.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by LindaT View Post
              Good job Jim.
              It is a sad fact that so many fake and perverted people have made many of us extra cautious and there are fewer responses to new and legitimate posts.
              Being burned by the fakers has made us understandably leery.
              No kidding. I'm sitting here thinking "RED FLAG! SIRENS! SKEEV ALERT!"
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

              Comment


                #8
                yeah...i immediately thought paracathy...yuk. thanks jim!

                Comment


                  #9
                  ok i am not new but i have a question how does a gal quad cathe?

                  i am c6c7 i tried and failed

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It is VERY difficult for a female who has a fairly complete tetraplegic injury to self cath. I have one seen one woman who was able to do this at C6. Without perineal sensation, and with no finger sensation, it is extremely difficult, even using a mirror.

                    This is a major reason for the Mitrofanoff procedure to be so popular with this specific population (females with low tetraplegic injuries).

                    (KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      i got the mitro. cathing was ok for me (tho oddly, when in hospital, nures had a hard time cathing me as they say my urethra likes to hide <rollseyes>) but getting my pants down and up was a nightmare. whole thing took 30min to one hour! now it's 5 - 10min start to finish. wouldnt be able to do a lot of the things i do without it.
                      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                      http://www.elportavoz.com/

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This topic came up with an able bodied female friend a couple of weeks ago. She actually thought thought you cathed through the head of the clitoris. She really thought you pee'd out of the tip of the clit! And argued with me when I tried to correct her.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
                          This topic came up with an able bodied female friend a couple of weeks ago. She actually thought thought you cathed through the head of the clitoris. She really thought you pee'd out of the tip of the clit! And argued with me when I tried to correct her.
                          I've had the same argument with women. I first had this argument with a 30yr old woman when I was age 16. How does a woman not know? (not really asking... quite obvious they've never looked)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Haha. We pee from birth. We don't think about it. I was mystified too.
                            Blog:
                            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                              It is VERY difficult for a female who has a fairly complete tetraplegic injury to self cath. I have one seen one woman who was able to do this at C6. Without perineal sensation, and with no finger sensation, it is extremely difficult, even using a mirror.

                              This is a major reason for the Mitrofanoff procedure to be so popular with this specific population (females with low tetraplegic injuries).

                              (KLD)
                              do you think i am to old i really really hate the bags 62 great health pretty good hand c6c7

                              i talked to dr bridges about several yrs ago he really talked me out but i lothe the bags

                              ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X