Positioning penis to prevent UTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positioning penis to prevent UTI

They say that a dark, moist, and anearobic environment is a breading ground for UTI-causing bacteria. For this reason they say don't wear tight synthetic fibers that may trap moisture and restrict airflow to the urethra.

I know women are more susceptible to this problem than men. But I started to think that it would be much better for the penis to point upward than downward. Because if the penis is pointing upward, the meatus is as dry as possible, has the most airflow as possible, and is far away from bacteria sources as possible.

This penis positioning could be accommodated with customized clothing. Anyone seen anything like this?

Of course when you cath, you clean the meatus and air it out as well as the rest of the skin and clothing in that area. But right after that, that boy goes right back into the dungeon.

Do you think that I am over-thinking this or is it worthwhile?

Comment

You should point your penis away from the bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
        You should point your penis away from the bacteria.
        Yeah, I have tried that but your mom is so persistent!

Comment

I am quite confident is stating that no research has been done that associates penis position with UTIs. I put this in the category eyelash dandruff that my optometrist recently warned me about. The later does actually exist, but I am a bit more concerned about the side effects one of my meds that could cause blindness. However if you are a hypochondriac, read on: http://www.aoa.org/Blepharitis.xml
          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Surely you must be kidding.

Comment

He's being serious.

And don't call him Surely.

Comment

Laugh all you want. But this is no joking matter. If you dollop your dick carelessly one day you find Mr Winky up your ass. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Comment

The responses you are receiving are directly proportionate to the ridiculousness of your question.

Comment

Lighten up man. I was joking along with you.

Comment

So you agree that your question is ridiculous?

Comment

Ridiculous no. Paranoid, perhaps. My intention was good and I played along with your jokes. Stop picking a fight.

Comment

You don't know how to roll with the punches, do you?

Maybe I should be telling you to lighten up, man.

Comment

Sure I do. I'm still talking to you am I not?

Comment

But we digress. Let's get back to what really matters. the concern for UTIs.

It is well documented that the urethra position in women is a problem for UTIs. It is less of a problem for men because their urethra is longer and so bacteria on the meatus does not reach the bladder as readily. But men who cath push bacteria from the meatus into the bladder. So why is it ridiculous to suggest ways to keep the meatus clean?

Comment

Working...
                              X