No announcement yet.

Burn on foot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's just blood like any blood blister, I have had many many on my hands and feet (grew up outside, was in the Marines, work at fabrication, etc).

No not a pressure ulcer at all, it's a burn. A pressure sore that big really would be serious!!!
    Andrew

Comment

1.jpg
      Thanks, with great difficulty I bring you...........

Comment

Good job on the pic! Ouch that is pretty burned. You'll be okay?
        Andrew

Comment

Yes, that was right after the "incident" it really is a lot better now. I'm the original energizer bunny. Lucky me. Hey,,, it doesn't hurt at least.

Comment

Looks like it was from an open flame? What happened? Mine touched hot metal.
            Andrew

Comment

Did already, it's much better now, yes it was flames, carharts caught fire, and the skin fueled the cathart pants. Sure didn't smell like steak thats for sure. This isn't the first and won't be the last. Always have a supply of silver burn cream on hand. If it can be done, I can do it better.

Comment

Not a pressure sore- I get it. Unfortunately that is the number two spot and while 'trying' to heal - could turn into something that won't heal.

Dark red blood under that shrinking (drying, decomposing, releasing decomposing bits from decomposing cells) first layer of skin.

I will eat my words if you don't have a struggle healing it. Sue's right - the skin there is so thin and now that skin will be compromised forever with scar tissue and lack of proper dermal circulation.

Please see a professional instead of letting it cook up whatever bacteria - at least some antibiotics prophylacticly!? Why chance it!?

Don't want you to go through years of hell like I did.
                Last edited by lynnifer; 28 Sep 2012, 12:06 AM.
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Looks like it burned a few capillaries. Local doc is closed today. I really need some lotion on that foot!
                  Andrew

Comment

Silvadene for all burns-but you need to go to a doctor. And if he thinks he will refer your to plastics.
                    CWO
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

http:///forum/attachment.php?attachm...1&d=1348836952

Hey,, mine's getting better, and by the time I re-figured out how to post a pic, I'm sure it's even better than this, it took a good hour......

Comment

That looks a lot better! Wish I was that far along.

I did dress it with Silvadene, we had some left over from a burn over winter. It is weeping some and sore. The minor amount of fluid that was left under the blister did not have any scent. I'll do a pressure test to check for blood refill when I redress it later.
                        Andrew

Comment

I'm an expert at healing, 53 years of down and dirty experience. Today I am returning again to the scene of the crime. I want to finish that ramp up and than I have 20 stainless steel brackets that have to be cut, fabricated, and welded. I think I'll make friends with the 900 lb. ramp and use it as a work table today though. But I'm going to wear shorts instead of long pants, I have a better success ratio in the non-burn arena there.

Comment

What are you working on? Any pix?
                            Andrew

Comment

SoulScream, you were doing so good until you peeled the protective cover of the blister off! As long as that skin was intact, the wound was protected from infection. Now, however, you've opened yourself up to all sorts of healing problems, including giving bacteria a big old opening through which they can enter your body. You may not have needed to see a doctor before, but you sure do now.
                              It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

True, Hipcrip. But mine, all I want and need to do involves kneeling. It's amazing how many things I've had to do in the last week that involved that! Mine broke just sleeping on it. Silvadene cream is great!

Comment

Working...
                                X