Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help ASAP! Blood-pressure unstable and being sent to skilled nursing facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jody View Post
    well you can't go getting AD you might get a stroke. oh, sound like my grammie. anyway can you go home when your blood pressure is stable?

and what else have you tried?
    do you have a binder that squeezes you abdomen? I thought it would make me more faint, but if combined with knee high support, or waist, (the thigh ones give me AD)

this probably won't work but someone mentioned ice, so Ive had a bucket of ice to put my feet in, and I havent felt like passing out. still have a crazy heart beat, but for so long. Instead of chips though ive had salted sunflower seeds, nuts, and dried salmon.

I thought I was drinking a lot of water, turns out I need a lot more water not to be dehydrated, and faint. if I dont feel faint, I have a pounding headache. anyway, my blood pressure is better by drinking twice as much as I was, and gatoraid, im not so good with the gatoraid but it does seem to help.
    I like salty foods too and eat a lot of pumpkin seeds. I also drink about 2 L of Gatorade a day in addition to my water and green tea.

I cannot sit up in my chair without my corset. It is sturdy with stays and customized to fit my ostomy hole and added Velcro straps so that I can close it tighter around my lower abdomen.

However, I have been having such a difficult time trying to find an orthotic company or a seamstress to customize a corset for me.

Apparently, the orthotic companies no longer sew leather and this sturdy canvas material because they no longer have the industrial sewing machines they used to have and the newer models aren't strong enough. They also have so many new materials that are less labor-intensive to make back and lumbar supports, however, none of those work with my body.

I am desperate to find someone to customize a corset for me. My recent attempts have been a lingerie seamstress that makes corsets and costumes for strippers; and a termite tent sewer try to make a corset for me. The seamstress machine broke on me and she's p*ssed off at me. And the termite tent sewer skills aren't as fine as my corset needs.

I found a very high compression surgical undergarment from a Venezuelan or Columbian company called Leonisa which I thought would be the answer as a replacement. It's good, but it doesn't apply at enough pressure to my abdomen.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz321 View Post
      ask your Dr. To call your SCI dr. and explain the basics.
      He's stumped too.

Comment

Industrial machines can be found at upholstery shops. Call around and find a sympathetic woman who might give your adjustments a try. Sewing is sewing.
        Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Doll View Post
          I did notice quite a big change in my digestive system with Activia yogurt. It was a little too volatile though. Also, I don't like eating that much sugar.

They make one with less sugar.
          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Get your bowels etc..under control. Keep things moving. Max dose of stool softeners plus Enemeez plus (with Benzocaine) for bowel program. Works faster for most! Do it daily to see if that helps.
            When up in chair- compression hose with abdominal binder.Use lidocaine jel with dig stimu.
            Bladder management??
            It can be serious because your high blood pressure can cause you to have a stroke.
            CWO
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

bowel and AD

My bowel and AD got really bad too. I got a colostomy, and its been a good thing for me. Plus, I take miralax, a probiotic, AND amitiza (to promote peristalsis).

Mike~
              www.MurGallery.com

Comment

My advice- Make a diary of blood pressure before after etc.. and your activity.
                Keep routine program and everything under control - can have some fluctuations but...
                Do bowel program every day until symptoms disappear or you can control them easily and know what to do. I really recommend Enemeez plus( with Benzocaine to numb! and stool softeners- yes Miralax is good if these don't work and keep if issues continues. Or magic bullet with lidocaien or Benzocaine before beginning bowel program.
                Bladder???
                Skin?
                Binder and hose when up to keep from dropping! 90/60 or there abouts is common - this is your baseline when up. But main thing is no dizziness, no symptoms of low blood pressure. Midodrine if that doesn't work.
                Get control and be consistent and they will let you go home with caregivers- get your caregivers trained too!!!! Who is your primary????
                You don't have to stay there forever!!! But if they don't think it is "SAFE" they won't let you go home!!!!
                CWO
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                  Get your bowels etc..under control. Keep things moving. Max dose of stool softeners plus Enemeez plus (with Benzocaine) for bowel program. Works faster for most! Do it daily to see if that helps.
                  When up in chair- compression hose with abdominal binder.Use lidocaine jel with dig stimu.
                  Bladder management??
                  It can be serious because your high blood pressure can cause you to have a stroke.
                  CWO
                  The Enemeezs are brilliant! I've used Magic Bullet for about 20 years. no pain, mucous, bleeding and AD; plus it only took about 15-20 minutes the first time.

Last night, it took about 30 minutes & dig stim to get the stool moving out. But, I ate 2 Fiber One bars that filled me plump full. I've been suffering from bloating and gas since yesterday that keeps me in a constant state of AD.

Wearing my compression stockings and corset/binder. Bladder good.

Feeling better to be able to manage the swings in blood pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy13 View Post
                    Industrial machines can be found at upholstery shops. Call around and find a sympathetic woman who might give your adjustments a try. Sewing is sewing.
                    Good idea.

Comment

Broken Doll, contact these folks about your corset needs: http://www.darkgarden.com/ They do beautiful work, their corsets are high quality, and they're very nice people who are fabulous to work with.
                      It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Working...
                      X