A question regarding post flap surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question regarding post flap surgery

I spent 9 months in bed for a stage IV sore on my ischial. Six months before the surgery (to get healthy) and three months after the surgery. Before I found out I had a problem I used to get sweaty on the right hand side of my body above my level of injury, c6. I started getting up slowly in June, my surgery was March 4th of this year, I got in bed last Sept 17th!

I notice every once in a while I sweat on the right hand side. It's freaking me out because it feels like the same thing that happened before. I was fitted for a Ride cushion and I'm completely off loading the ischials, I do get a little pink below my butt cheek and above my butt cheek, but that goes away in 10 minutes.

The wound care nurse thought I had an abscess and not a pressure sore. There was never any redness, or even pink, a pimple just showed up one day and that was the beginning of the end. Is there any kind of test or xray or MRI I can do to see if there's any trouble brewing. I haven't driven in a year because I'm too afraid of damage..........any thoughts??

Sweating can be caused by a lot of things, or can happen on its own. If you have skin breakdown, you need to of course stay off it, and consult with your wound care physician. I would also want to be sure you do not have a syrinx. Is your blood pressure elevated when you are sweating like this? That would need to be the case if it were AD.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

No AD at all, just sweaty.

Comment

wHAT IS YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE WHEN THIS HAPPENS?
        cwo
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

It's normal 90/60

Comment

Working...
          X