Hairdryer to Your Crotch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Degree

I too use the hair dryer for my routine. The best is the use of an antifungal powder, I prefer the pray vs powder.

Don,t use the dryer on hot and keep it moving.
    Feelin good is good enough!

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
      Most hair dryers have temperature settings. Mine has Hot, Warm, Cool, and Cold (at any temperature setting, push this control button for cold). To thoroughly dry these sensitive area, I use the Cool setting...no burns in all the years I've used this technique. If you are still concerned about burns, you could get similar results with a small/personal electric or battery powered fan.

All the best,
      GJ
      This makes more sense using a fan instead. I can't say I've heard of this technique of using a blow dryer, but if it works for you all then continue.
      A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
        This makes more sense using a fan instead. I can't say I've heard of this technique of using a blow dryer, but if it works for you all then continue.
        Sure,,,,, you're just waiting for Pics of the weenie roast!

Comment

Originally posted by alhavel View Post
          Sure,,,,, you're just waiting for Pics of the weenie roast!
          I already seen that over at Duge's profile but I think he took it off lol.
          A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Hair dryer burn on leg.

Here's a picture of the burn on my right leg. Took 3 months to heal. Got burned January 1990. One giant blister.

Ti
            "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

All things in moderation and please turn it on the cool setting.

pbr
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

What PBR said. If you are buying a blow dryer especially for this make sure to look for a lower watt unit and a cool setting.

Ti, I got soaked in a rain storm wearing corduroys on a trip. Went into a public bathroom and just sat under the hand dryer. I tested the heat on my hand and tried to pull the material away from my skin on my upper thighs. Took awhile between breaks when things started feeling warm but it worked and no burns. You were probably hurrying when sometimes being late is a better choice. That looked painful.
                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

"Good idea but serious damage can be done especially down there!

Never use a hair dryer on part of your body you can't feel.

Ti"

Aw C'mon Ti, I am not saying put the hairdryer right up on your skin. At the risk of spoon feeding information to the others I'm just saying using BOTH hands (if you can) wave the hairdryer back and forth from a safe distance to dry off the nooks and crannies of your crotch. Use one hand to hold the hairdryer, monitor the heat and assess the dryness with the other hand.

Comment

yeah why risk burns from the hair dryer i have a walkin telephone both style microwave now that will dry you off, as long as you press sensor reheat if you select cook well you will just have to hosed out of the unit. (LOL)

Comment

Working...
                    X