Anyone with hip joint replacement/prosthesis? - looking for an update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with hip joint replacement/prosthesis? - looking for an update

From previous threads I understand that some people in this community has a prosthetic hip joint.
    How is the experience, globally? Do you suffer limitations in daily activities? In transfers? In wheelchair use?
    Does hip mobility tend to improve / worsen / remain stable over the years?
    Has anyone experienced fractures / dislocations or other problems after the implant? Short term or long term?

Thanks

I regret getting my right hip replaced. My transfers are harder as my legs are always stiff. I wouldn't do it if I could go back in time

Comment

It reformats your sitting/seating and you would need to be mapped again for a new cushion in your wheelchair. I cannot recall having had a patient who has had a hip replacement. I hope that other members comment on their experiences.

pbr
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X