Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox

Hi All,

I am going to see my GP on Wednesday regarding shoulder problems but I am also going to be referred back to my Physiatrist. It has been suggested by PT/OT to maybe look into getting Botox in my toes because there is a lot of tone in them and I have virtually no control over my toes as far as keeping them apart. My Physiatrist has looked at my toes once before, but never suggested Botox and stupid me... I don't even think I asked as he had them put a "lift" in my AFO (it's a little pad for my big toe that is supposed to help with my toes) and I wanted to see if that would work but, I don't wear my AFOS all the time and it does help a little bit.

Thoughts on Botox?

WG

Botox is often used for smaller muscles like these, but I would want to be sure that you have looked at other methods of managing spasticity (oral meds, standing, stretching, etc.) first.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

If SCI-nurses suggestions fail, Have him do a temporary nerve block with lidocaine to see if you will respond to botox before preceding.

Comment

Working...
      X