No announcement yet.

Medically induced stress test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was scary! I did pbr & my Dr. was fine with me discussing it in full.
    1st you have to sign saying you realize it may induce a heart attack, At that point the Dr., the ekg tech, the nurse & I had a long talk. The ekg tech said she'd been doing them 34 yrs & never a heart attack. The Dr. was there in case I did start having one! It was extremely uncomfortable! Your face turns red & you just can't breath. Not sure what my face looked like but the Dr. rushed over to me & told me to lean my chair back & do what ever you can do to feel better. It went fast. Maybe 3 minutes of freight! lol Before they started it I called on Jesus & he said the same thing to me he did when I was saved, I'll never leave you nor forget you. Jesus watched over me. I'm fine!
    I personally think it's a bad test. I don't like intentionally hurting my body. At least not any more. I've done enough.
    I get my results next week. Thanks for all your comments. You helped alot!
    sigpic

Comment

Im glad it is done. I was worried about scaring you, but I didnt want to lie about what it was like. My test was a very long fifteen minutes, while they all looked at the tapes and the screens. I thought It would never end.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
        Im glad it is done. I was worried about scaring you, but I didnt want to lie about what it was like. My test was a very long fifteen minutes, while they all looked at the tapes and the screens. I thought It would never end.
        Good Jody! I already had mysef scared enough. lol

It was long! 2 times under the scanner for 15 mins each.
        Then all the waiting & the stress test. Total 3 hrs.

I'm glad it's over too!
        sigpic

Comment

You know I had that test by my cardiologist at the hospital in Ft. Worth where they did an mri on my heart. Then injected me with a drug simulating a stress test like I was running up a hill real fast. I thought my heart was going to burst! Then I had to stuff myself with breakfast & do another mri. Too see what the pressure (drug) did to my heart. All so I could have surgery & remove the stones out of my bladder. See if my heart was strong enough to go under during surgery. I went today toget my results. WOOHOO! My heart is awesome! My cardiologist who sees alot of patients said he hasn't seen results like mine in a long, long time! Yeah! He said it's a great number if under stress it calculates to be 5,000. A mathmatical equation they do on all the results. |MINE was 4,000!! He said he has patients that measure 19,000 while relaxed. So say guessing here 25,000 would be a heart attack. They couldn't handle much stress. Mine was 4,000 double product (whatever that is) & I can have alot of stress & be fine. One more test a sonogram of my heart Thursday & I can have my surgery. Well I can have it now but the sono is every 2 years & was already scheduled. YEAH!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X