Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered Vetericyn off ebay

received tap water.

The place was in Louisiana called medi-vet, I opened a case on Ebay.

Unfriggen believable.
    And the truth shall set you free.

How do you know it's tap water?

Comment

I showed my doctor the bottle I bought and he said it was water with a little cloride inside.
      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Lack of any milky hue/thickness, no slight scent, no viscosity difference from plain water oh and it tastes exactly like tap water.

Comment

bummer
          A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
            Lack of any milky hue/thickness, no slight scent, no viscosity difference from plain water oh and it tastes exactly like tap water.
            I think you've just described Vetericyn.

Comment

I have not used Vetericyn gel, maybe it has a milky appearance and of course it has a thickness or viscosity because it is a gel. Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF liquid does not have any milky hue or thickness. It has a slight chlorine smell and taste.

I have not ordered from Medivet, but many of our members have. Here are a number of threads and posts where Medivet is mentioned. You might want to go through them to discover any dissatisfaction with the company.
              http://www.google.com/search?q=medit...ci.rutgers.edu

All the best,
              GJ

Comment

There must be some sort of way to test it? Any ideas anybody? I wondered the same a while back with a bottle I bought from Amazon, you'd hate to think you are treating your wounds with just water if this is true.

The next bottle I think I'm going to buy from a Pet Superstore, Petco or something, they must sell this stuff right? I'd feel more comfortable buying it direct from a store rather than the internet.
                "Life is about how you
                respond to not only the
                challenges you're dealt but
                the challenges you seek...If
                you have no goals, no
                mountains to climb, your
                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I have used VF and non VF, hydrogel and regular.

This was water.

Comment

Not knocking you Joe but I use E-Bay for a lot of things. When it came to Vetericyn I did think it was an easy set up for a scam. E-Bays arbitration process is worth pursuing if the seller has a lot of sales and values their rating.

I have had good luck with three purchases off Amazon.

Good luck.

Comment

I've ordered from Medi-vet for 18 months and have had no problems. So has Millard. The only complaint that's been raised is that they told Dewey they would not sell it to him anymore without a vet license number.

NoDecaf, what you described is the hydrogel. Regular VVF is crystal clear, not milky, has no viscosity difference from water, and can taste like chlorinated tap water because it's almost 99 percent water with chemicals similar to chlorine bleach added.

Have you contacted them and asked them to replace the bottle you're dissatisfied with?
                      Last edited by thehipcrip; 5 May 2012, 10:01 PM. Reason: clarify tap water taste
                      It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Hmmm. Ok, if all I've described is the gel, how can any of us differentiate?

Yeah, I'd say I've contacted them....

Comment

What is your use of the Vetericyn you are buying. Are you are using Vetericyn for instillation into your bladder, if so, you should only be using the liquid, not the gel.

Could you clarify why you are using Vetericyn and what you ordered, i.e., liquid or gel.

Please be more definitive and not so vague/circumspect in your reply.

All the best,
                          GJ

Comment

No no. External only. I'm prone to staph so...

Yes, I ordered the liquid, not the gel, but I've ordered the liquid before
                            and I swear it wasn't like this.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
                              I've ordered the liquid before
                              and I swear it wasn't like this.
                              Maybe it had either been frozen, or overheated somewhere along the way?

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
                              - Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                              X