suppositories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suppositories

I came across a new suppositories product in a magazine article, it is called CEO-TWO laxative suppositories, wondering if anybody has used this product, and it's realiability of it. I use dulcolax right now, and want to know if this product is any better..

Here are a few threads where CEO-TWO suppositories have been discussed:
    /forum/showthread.php?t=118614
    /forum/showthread.php?t=121104
    /forum/showthread.php?t=123016
    /forum/showthread.php?t=123016

If you do a search on Care Cure Community, you will find quite a few more discussions.

All the best,
    GJ

Comment

gjnl... thanks for those threads they were helpful...

Comment

I have worked with people who use the Ceo-Two suppository since 1975...they are not new. They work by releasing carbon dioxide gas, which stretches the rectum and causes peristalsis. I have never found them very effective. If generic bisacodyl suppositories or brand name Dulcolax do not work well for you, I would recommend instead trying either the Magic Bullet bisacodyl, or the Enemeez "mini-enema".

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

KLD... thank you for that info. Dulcolax works but I am looking for something less expensive but that is as effective. I'm trying to stop being dependent on the suppositories but if I dont use them , all I get is blotted and have gas problems. I do my BP every other day.

Comment

You can certainly give them a try...

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by jorge m. View Post
              KLD... thank you for that info. Dulcolax works but I am looking for something less expensive but that is as effective. I'm trying to stop being dependent on the suppositories but if I dont use them , all I get is bloated and have gas problems. I do my BP every other day.
              What do you mean by bloated? Are you able to go, or do you get constipated too?

I had to give up suppositories, and now I go twice a day without them (w/o anything). It took about a year to figure out my new routine, and realize I had to go more often than every other day. I am very happy I did this (faster bc, and no more sweating/pain), and I encourage you to keep trying if it seems like it might work. Remember to keep pushing water and fiber, although the fiber often makes me feel bloated too.
              "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Comment

KLD... thank you for that info. Dulcolax works but I am looking for something less expensive but that is as effective. I'm trying to stop being dependent on the suppositories but if I dont use them , all I get is blotted and have gas problems. I do my BP every other day.

Magic Bullet ones work quicker and are over half the price. About 55-60 dollars for a box of 100.

http://www.sportaid.com/the-magic-bu...ositories.html
                Last edited by TheDuder; 1 Mar 2012, 6:04 PM. Reason: .

Comment

KLD...used the C02 and didn't work for me....nothing happen! Went back to the dulcolax and it worked fine.

Comment

Dnvr Dave...I just feel uncomfortable from not having a bp, not constipated but can go only if I use a suppository. Very interested on how you got off the suppositories?
                    @ Duder.... heard their is mucus accidents that comes after the BP during the day..from using the magic bullet..

Comment

D
                      @ Duder.... heard their is mucus accidents that comes after the BP during the day..from using the magic bullet..
                      Yes, some people do report mucus accidents with Magic Bullets. I haven't had any problems with accidents on Magic Bullets. Similar problems have been reported with Ducolax suppositories. Both Magic Bullets and Ducolax are the same ingredient and the same strength. The only difference is the bases. Magic Bullets have a water soluble base, while Ducolax have a vegetable oil base. The water soluble base allow the bisacodyl to be distributed quicker and is supposed to work faster than the vegetable oil base bisacodyl suppository.

Magic Bullet: 10 mg Bisacodyl in Polyethylene Glycol base

Ducolax: Bisacodyl USP (10 mg) in Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil base

The important thing is to find something that works good for you.

All the best,
                      GJ

Comment

I would encourage you to try increasing the number of times you do the program during the week, to see if you can get better regulated and then work towards getting off of the suppository. You should change one thing at a time - so I would encourage you to change the frequency first. Give it a week or two, then if you need to change something go from there. It may take awhile to get it to the point where you are comfortable with what you are doing, both from a physical comfort level and a mental one. Be patient. And give it a little time with each change.
                        I would also enourage you to keep a bowel diary - what you are eating and drinking and when, your medications and when, and the actual timing of your progam. Look for a pattern and see if it is there. Again, give each change some time.
                        Hope that this helps.
                        CKF

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                          I would also enourage you to keep a bowel diary - what you are eating and drinking and when, your medications and when, and the actual timing of your progam. Look for a pattern and see if it is there. Again, give each change some time.
                          CKF
                          Yes. For the first year w/o suppositories, I kept track of what I ate (every meal), supplements I took, accidents that happened, and the size and consistency of every bowel movement.

This told me which foods constipate me, which ones help me go, and the daily average output I should have (which was 11.6 units per day). The output was the most important. I could be below avg for about three days, and after that I'd try to figure out what I was doing wrong. If I couldn't figure it out, I'd decide it was stress.

Now, I just keep track mentally, w/o writing it down.
                          "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Comment

I started out after my injury using Ducolax for at least five years until hearing about the Magic Bullet ones which i've been using about 10 years.

I've noticed zero difference in mucus accidents that comes after the BP between the two. Hell, i had more accidents overall when using Ducolax because i'd end up being on my bench so long that in a desire to finally get off, i'd sometimes end my BP sooner than i should have.

The only difference between the two suppositories are that Duclox cost about double the amount of Magic Bullets and take way longer to work. Magic Bullet ones take roughly 5-10 minutes to work for me, Ducolax took 20 minutes or longer.

Comment

Just remember that everyone is different and reacts differently. I would encourage you to pick one (probably Magic Bullet since it is less costly and does, for most people work better) and give it a try. Remember not to change too quickly if it doesn't seem to be working.
                              CKF

Comment

Working...
                              X