No announcement yet.

Trying to get off baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay if I listened and was patient it's not that bad! I was at 30mg pain was decreasing now I'm at 7.5 mg x 3 and butt pain is best it's been for months.

Comment

Congrats. That was actually pretty fast.
      How do you get a 7.5 mg dose from those 10 mg pills – I had a hard time breaking ¼ / 2.5 mg off the 10 mg pills, consistently.
      How will you move forward from here?
      I've read that you should start feeling stronger without the baclofen…
      get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Pretty good pill cutter.Thursday I will do 5 x 3 then I'm thinking 5 x2 or 2.5 x3 for the next drop.

Comment

The pills I get are football shaped, and crumble; that's what makes them hard to cut consistently.

Keep us posted on your progress, all the best.

Comment

Just take your time - there is no big rush!
            CKF
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I started 5x3 on Thursday morning spasms were up for a good couple hours then they were back to normal. That evening my hip pain and general butt pain best it has been!!pain is about a 1 or a 2 out of 10. As I'm decreasing my pain is getting better....

Comment

My son has been off baclofen now for about 5 weeks. He is significantly stronger and better coordinated. . He has some spasisity but works through it with exercise. When He had a pump that was running up at 350. While it helped greatly with the pain in his calves, he did have trouble walking and psych problems when he was on baclofen. His withdrawal was tough more psychologically than physically. Not certain why you want to get off the stuff....but for my son, there has been a vast improvement to his strength and even his mood (dispite periods of servere depression. My best wishes to you.

Comment

are you still weaning yourself off Baclofen? It's turning out being the best decision my son made. He's geting in shape. Saw him doing crunches with his brother the other day. Would neve have thought it possible. As he becomes stronger and more coordinated his mood is also improving. He is doing an hour of stretching a day

Comment

I've been off since Saturday feel alot stronger little morning spasms but that's it. The biggest difference is my core is alot stronger now which will make independence easier. Im a c4-c5 asia c

Comment

That's fantastic that you are improving. Not certain if it's just with my son or a common occurance, but my son had very bad psychological withdrawal for almost a month once he was off baclofen. He is largely done with that now. He is exercising regularly now and it is amazing how he is improving. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Wheelin...are you still off baclofen?

Comment

Why are you getting off Baclofen all together?

the thing i find with Baclofen is you need to get the right balance...you need it to keep the spasm's away...but have enough strength...it's a catch 22

i take 10mg in the morning and 10mg at night...I find that if I take more my legs muscles become weaker and i can't stand, if I take less my muscles are stronger but the tightness and spasms come back...and I can't stand either because the spasms make it unsafe...so you need to find that sweet spot...i would not recommend you go off them completely...if u have spinal cord injury even if you didn't have when you started you will have some spasms...going off Baclofen, you'll get spams....if you can tolerate the spasms and the spasms doesn't interfere with walking, standing then go for it.... otherwise don't make it worse for yourself...spasms are one thing but that tightness is another thing...

If you butt is sore it might be an idea to go to a seating clinic to do some adjusting...
                          Love & Light WhiteAngel. Low Grade Astrocytoma Spinal Cord Tumour, C-1 to T-6 surgery back in 1970 @ age 4-1/2 with Brain Stem Cyst, Kyphosis, Scoliosis, Heading down the quadriplegia road. For my story and more please visit: http://whiteangel0.blogspot.com/p/my-story_06.html http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~whiteangel

Comment

Still off and not going back on again

Comment

good go, hope you're feelin better

Comment

Wheelin...that is great...I think you and my son are the only ones I heard have be able to get off baclofen...his withdrawal was so bad we were tempted to tell him to take oral baclofen...it took him a month to get through it...but he is considerably better off today then when he was on the drug
                                Last edited by zevobru; 14 Mar 2012, 4:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X