No announcement yet.

Dave going to hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, Diabetes is not uncommon in people with SCI. And whilevI am not sure of his numbers, one thing I have learned living with a diabetic is that unless they are Very high (which given his confusion, I am assuming they were), it is better to bring the sugars down a little slower than quick. If theynare very high, then you need to get them to a manageable level quickly! He will be so much better once they are controlled.
    I know it is another thing to worrybabout.... Believe me when I say, this is one thing I understand from living with it. however, it is very manageable and once you get to know the foods he reacts to, it gets easier.
    Hang in there!
    CKF
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Ugh! Diabetes? That's the last thing you guys need to deal with. However, I'm diabetic, myself, and can say that it's a manageable disease. It takes a bit to get used to it, but it's not difficult and begins to be just like everything else after awhile. I just wish you didn't have this additional challenge on top of everything else.

Comment

Linda, I am sorry that you and Dave have this new issue to deal with, but now that he's been diagnosed and started on a treatment plan, things will start to get better. Maybe some of Dave's recent health issues were indications that this problem was already beginning to rear its head, but the doctors didn't suspect it until now. I hope that Dave is able to be discharged soon, and that both of you can get some much-needed rest. Thank you for keeping us posted, and continued good thoughts and blessings!
        MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Hope you are getting some rest for yourself too. Keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Linda / Dave
            you both are so very special to me
            I am thinking / praying for Dave /You just give him a big ol Tx hug from me

Love ya both
            Sincerely
            GL

Comment

Discharge tomorrow!
              I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.
              The only funny thing is that today the residents were having a heated argument in the hall before they came in in front of the doc about how to present the info.
              He is having a CAT scan to rule out a few things which hopefully are nothing.
              Thanks all!

Comment

kool, glad to hear it linda
                We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

So glad he is coming home Linda, and hoping things get back to normal (well, your normal, at least) soon.

Comment

Ain't no place like home, good to hear Linda and Dave.
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Linda,
                      I have been in the hospital myself, but I have been keeping up with Dave's admission and I am so glad to hear that he will be going home tomorrow. Hope you are able to keep his blood sugar levels down and that this will be the last scare of this type that you have.
                      Mandy
                      ~Mandy~
                      SCI as a result of spinal surgery
                      TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Glad you'll soon be home again and resting in your own bed!
                        MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Linda, I'm glad you have a diagnosis, and it's something manageable, although obviously you could do without it!

Comment

So happy There's no place like home

Comment

Great to hear Linda! There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

Comment

Is he taking pills or needles to deal with diabetes? I only ask because maybe a pump would be better as it would self-adjust?

Glad he got a diagnosis .. I wondered if it was going to be diabetes.
                                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                                X