Dave going to hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linda,
    It was just so good to see a post from you and learn that there seems to be a good explanation for this morning's events. We are sitting on pins and needles awaiting news from you.

You are quite a trooper, dear one, and your Dave is quite a guy!!!!

All the best,
    GJ and NL

Comment

I hope they find the problem soon! Try to get a good night's rest. Easier said than done, I know.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Linda, hope the news continues to be more good than bad. - 'stashboy
        Don - Grad Student Emeritus
        T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Glad things are under control!

Comment

oh goodness!!! i am hoping they can give him some relief!!
            "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
            http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

I so hope things ease quickly! I'm keeping both of you in my thoughts.

Comment

I just saw this thread and wanted to let you know I hope all is as well as possible.

Comment

This is so puzzling as no history of high blood sugar or diabetis.
                  It is coming down slower than they hoped, but he looks and feels so much better.
                  A couple of his old nurses saw the kids bringing his vent down the hall and popped in to say hi. Wonderful RTs.
                  A snafu with the meds and very hectic here. ER was like the wild west of drama.
                  One of the nurses pointed out it is a full moon.
                  I think it is going to be a long night of people in and out of here.
                  We were first told he would be going to the newer part of the hospital which would have been better. Vent/trach patients have to be on the step down floor where there are the more serious things.
                  Thanks again for your positve thoughts.

Comment

Thanks for posting the update Linda. I hope Dave mends quickly.
                    Daniel

Comment

Oh crud. I know he must have been pretty bad off if you'd decide it was better to go to the hospital; we all know how clueless and inattentive they can be. I'm glad to hear it looks like they found the explanation, so hopefully you can get out of there quickly!
                      NYC Disability Forum (@DisabledNYC on Twitter)

Comment

Thinking of both of you....
                        For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

Continued good thoughts coming your way. I know how stressful it is to have him in the hospital.
                          Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Hope they find the source of the problem quickly. Try to get some rest and take care of yourself.
                            You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                            http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                            http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Sending you wishes for a much better today than yesterday!

Comment

Have they checked out Dave's pancreas, Linda? Sometimes blood sugar issues can be difficult to trace and there are some unusual but treatable conditions that can cause problems. It's important to understand the reason for the spike, since he's had no such difficulties in the past and his blood sugar is coming down slower than expected.
                                Last edited by Bonnette; 10 Dec 2011, 12:09 PM.
                                MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Working...
                                X