UTI BAD for 2years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTI BAD for 2years

I cannot get rid of them .Everyone is worse than the last.Im running out of hope.Im in he hospital aleast once a week,I canot find help with any doctor,Ive had every tes here is.The side effects are horible.There has o be somone that has had his.I had a bladder augmentation and one of the doctors said im always going to have infection,so he gave up on me .Im so frustrated please help finding a doc? Or?
    It realy sucks bad.
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Last edited by zillazangel; 08-07-2011, 02:30 PM.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Bladder augmentation doesn't=life-long infections. Colonization, maybe.

What are your symptoms?
      Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

My symptoms are
        101 temp
        chills
        tightening of abdomen
        bad nerve pain
        somtimes leg spasms or stiff legs
        loss apitite
        urine is toxic smelling
        major back pain

Ive been on Iv antibiotics for 3 days I feel worse than when I came to the er on monday
        I seriously want to die
        Last edited by NEWPARA; 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Originally posted by november View Post
          Bladder augmentation doesn't=life-long infections. Colonization, maybe.

What are your symptoms?

What is colonazation?
          thanks for your reply I feel likke there is no hope.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWPARA View Post
            My symptoms are
            101 temp
            chills
            tightening of abdomen
            bad nerve pain
            somtimes leg spasms or stiff legs
            loss apitite
            urine is toxic smelling

Ive been on Iv antibiotics for 3 days I feel worse than when I came to the er on monday
            I seriously want to die
            You need to see a doctor, preferably not an ER doctor. If the antibiotics haven't helped in 3 days (two actually) that is not a good sign that they will ever help.

Comment

what can i do??

Comment

You live in Monrovia, CA. You are really close to one of the leading spinal cord injury hospitals in the country (http://www.rancho.org/), Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center in Downey, CA, who must have really good neuro-urologists. Go to the website, make some calls, inquire about how you access their services. Do you have a primary care physician who can make your case for a referral to this facility?

Search this site for the threads about Vetericyn. Start here: /forum/showthread.php?t=133414
                After that, use the search feature on this site and read everything else that has been written about Vetericyn/Microcyn. Buy some and try it.

You do sound as though you have a full on bladder infection, not just colonization. Colonization means that there is bacteria present in the bladder, but it is not causing urinary tract infection symptoms. Have you had a urinalysis (UA) and a culture and sensitivity (C&S) laboratory testing? You/your urologist need to know what bacteria is causing your infection and what antibiotic is the most effective in treating the infection. You just can't throw any old antibiotic at an infection and expect it to cure it, if it isn't the right one. When spinal cord injured people suffer bladder infections, they usually need to be on the right antibiotic for more than the 7 day regimen prescribed for able bodied individuals. An antibiotic course of 10-14 days is more appropriate for you.

Hope you can get some help very soon. Keep in touch here.

All the best,
                GJ

Comment

what can i do??
                  Don't you have a primary care physician?

Comment

Gjnl has a good suggestion, which is contacting Rancho in Downey. They have urologists with decades of experience in this area.
                    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

I cannot get rid of them .Everyone is worse than the last.Im running out of hope.Im in he hospital aleast once a week,I canot find help with any doctor,Ive had every tes here is.The side effects are horible.There has o be somone that has had his.I had a bladder augmentation and one of the doctors said im always going to have infection,so he gave up on me .Im so frustrated please help finding a doc? Or?
                      It realy sucks bad.
                      After having uti's constantly for 43 years, I started use Vetericyn VF. Two weeks ago I checked clear again so now I have been uti free for an entire year!

Life is good.
                      Millard
                      ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Comment

I did my rehab at rancho also did impatient at Casa Colina.They are both great hospitals,
                        The Uroligist here At Arcadia Methodist is going to put a superpubic in he seems to think that will work?
                        Im desperate at his point,

Comment

Putting in a suprapubic will not cure the infection. I would ask him why he wants to do it. Also, find out what your culture told them and if you are on the right antibiotic. What do you take medication wise. I would also recommend you consider the Vetricyn (sp.) like GJ suggested. It has worked miracles for many on this site.
                          CKF
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                            Putting in a suprapubic will not cure the infection. I would ask him why he wants to do it. Also, find out what your culture told them and if you are on the right antibiotic. What do you take medication wise. I would also recommend you consider the Vetricyn (sp.) like GJ suggested. It has worked miracles for many on this site.
                            CKF

The problem is not geting rid of the uti its keeping it from comming back as soon as I get rid of them.He said it will help I hope so.Can you tell me more about Vetricyn? what is it how many mg?
                            will it keep the utis from occuring?

I googled vetricyn looks like is wound spray for animals???
                            Last edited by NEWPARA; 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Vetricyn (sp?) is the same as Microcyn which is the human version, but Vetricyn is the cheaper of the two (same formula). I believe that Vetricyn VF is the prescription strength Microcyn. Someone can correct me if I am mistaken.
                              ~Mandy~
                              SCI as a result of spinal surgery
                              TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X