Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valerian Root - Have You Used It Before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valerian Root - Have You Used It Before?

I'm about to try Valerian Root pills but before I do I wanted to get your opinions/experiences with it. What did it do for you? Any side effects? Beside the drowsiness
    Never Give Up!

No side effects, I didn't sleep either
    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Yep... I have tried it. Several years ago I had a terrible time getting to sleep (and sleeping) for no apparent reason and I was desperate so I tried Valerian Root.

It worked the first night and, if I remember correctly, it helped a little bit the next night but after that... nothing. No side effects though so I wouldn't worry about that.

C 4/5 complete Quad, 31 1/2 years post

Comment

Melatonin is also recommended to help sleep.
        CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

no side effects. Relaxed me a little

Comment

tincture works better for me
            "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Thanks! I read that it doesn't work for everyone. I'll try it and see how it goes.
              Never Give Up!

Comment

melatonin worked better for me.

chamomile promotes sleep as well, but melatonin seems to help get on a sleep/wake scedual. the valarian had little effect, but didnt do any harm.

Comment

Seems Melatonin is the drug of choice. I have already bought a bottle of Valerian Root, so I'll try it and see what happens.
                  Never Give Up!

Comment

Not sure if or how much you work out. But I took this prior to my injury and just started up taking it again. It really works well for me. http://snac.com/shop/zma-5-the-next-...hancement-new/ Something else to think abot and maybe try

Comment

I use it occasionally, but found it left me a little depressed when I used it on a nightly basis.

Comment

I've been using it for past 4 Biggs and I'm sleeping a lot better than usual. I don't feel any other physical or mental changes either. I'll keep you posted.
                        Never Give Up!

Comment

Working...
                        X