SpeediCath® Compact Male

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpeediCath® Compact Male

I am wondering how this is going to work?
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

their website sure doesn't give you any clues. my guess is that it has three sections that extend like an antenna. so when you take of the top and pull it out it will extend to the usuall length.

Comment

A video:
      http://www.coloplast.com/Products/Ur...SCCM_CV_UK.wmv
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

SpeediCath Compact Male - Same video as above.

Thanks!

Comment

It looks great to me. I don't know how hard it will be to hold the tip/end of catheter when inserting it. You'd think it'd bend or kink, but maybe not. I'd like to try these out - they seem good to use anywhere, without worrying about water and soap.

Thanks!

Comment

I use their SpeediCath, it is stiff enough. They are slick as snot and I will never go back to applying gel. I figured the new SpeediCath Compact male worked like the female version, so maybe a girl will chime in. I hope to use it when out of the house.
            Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
            Pete C6/'97

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
              SpeediCath Compact Male - Same video as above.

Wow! That's the music I always hear in my head when I'm cathing.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

that video does not show the new compact male.

Comment

Hmm, it was a link on the speedi compact male webpage. Is he just using the a regular SpeediCath?
                  Originally posted by micah_d View Post
                  that video does not show the new compact male.

Thanks!

Comment

They work for the women, I am sure it works the same way. But they are stiff, I use them sometimes out of the house because they are small and easy to carrie.
                    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input.
                      Happy New Year!
                      CKF
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Amazing that guy on the video can hold the catheter like that without it bending.

Speedicath is offering a free sample. Signed up for it. Would be so nice to carry something small around insted of a bag of stuff.
                        Last edited by Human; 2 Jan 2011, 8:04 PM.

Comment

I got samples of the SpeediCath Compact (women's version). It works well. The women's version is about the size of a lipstick tube and once the seal is broken you pull up on the cath and it extends out of the tube (like lipstick stays inside the tube and you extend it after taking the lid off). Once the cath is fully extended it locks into place. It is firm and does not bend easily. It is easy to cath by holding onto the "funnel" or drainage end of the cath while inserting. The only thing I don't like is that once you are done, the cath does not telescope back into the tube, it just rests in the cap end making it longer at disposal. It sure is nice to be able to grab a cath though and not have it look like a cath, making it possible to leave your purse at the table instead of taking it into the restroom.
                          ~Mandy~
                          SCI as a result of spinal surgery
                          TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

The male version is waiting on FDA approval.
                            Pete C6/'97

Comment

Its available in 7 European countries. Anyone from Europe know where it can be ordered from?
                              Pete C6/'97

Comment

Working...
                              X