Loss of spasms after decubitus ulcer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of spasms after decubitus ulcer

I developed a stage 1 ducubitus ulcer approximately 2 months ago. The skin looks fully healed but with a slight discoloration in the area it was most prominent. The problem is, I have experienced a loss of muscle spasms. I always have muscle spasms and am worried that their is something wrong. When I wake up in the morning I have some spasms but after sitting for 15 mins or so they go away and my legs become completely flaccid. Has anyone experienced this before. I am getting worried because I have school starting next week and am afraid I have not completely healed. Please if you have any info, this is really worrying me.

With my SCI spasms are the worst when something is wrong. If you're like me, now that you're not getting, having, and healing from a sore anymore maybe your body has relaxed a bit? Whenever I have spasms I find something wrong, usually pressure, sitting on my nuts, toes curled in shoes, etc.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

The reason why Im so concerned is because I always had spasms prior to the ulcer. Now all of a sudden their gone. Ive been paralyzed for 15 years and this is the first ulcer ive developed. I know something is wrong but nobody seems to have experienced this before

Comment

Hi,
        I can't say I have heard of this connection except as above, when there is a change physically muscle spasms usually worsen. I would keep checking the site, do good pressure reliefs every 15 minutes while sitting and monitor your skin closely.

AAD
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys

Comment

Working...
          X