Should I be worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried

I am a C 6/7 incomplete eight years post injury. I have been lucky to have gotten almost full function back in my hands and arms although not as strong as before my little fall and dont get me wrong I am not complaining. About a week ago I woke up and my middle finger on my left hand felt like it was asleep (tingly type feeling) Now granted I have always had reduced feeling in both of my middle fingers but that was more of just that reduced feeling. So now I am wondering is this say more sensor return or is it something that I should be concerned about. I have an appointment with my SCI doctor next month and was planning on mentioning it to her at that time but as it is still hanging around I have some concern. Should I try and get in to see her sooner (good luck I make my appointments six months in advance) or just keep an eye on it and see what develops

Thanks
    Nevada

Call and alert your physician to this change and see if they want to see you sooner. I would want to be sure that you do not have a developing or enlarging syrinx since this is right at the sensory level of your original injury.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
    X