Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCI nurse: quick question about a GJ feeding tube

SCI Nurse,
    Do you know of any way to release excess pressure/air from your stomach if you have a GJ feeding tube? I've tried venting the gastric side of my tube, but I still feel like I have to burp really bad. Because of the gastroparesis, I can't burp easily. Would flushing the gastric side of the tube help or make me feel worse?
    This pressure feeling has been happening off and on for a week now, and its starting to get on my nerves, especially since it keeps me awake at night.

Jessie

Have not tried these, but this product might be helpful:

http://www.corpakmedsystems.com/Prod...n.html#Farrell

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
      Have not tried these, but this product might be helpful:

http://www.corpakmedsystems.com/Prod...n.html#Farrell

(KLD)
      Thanks, I'll ask if the infusion pharmacy I go through has some of these I can try. This is getting annoying, having that horrible pressure pain like I have to burp bad, especially at night.
      Is there anything OTC I can use that will help with burping more effeciently if you have stomach problems? Just wondering? Right now, I take one of the chewable Simethicone that my doc wrote an Rx for twice a day, but they don't work that well.

Jessie

Comment

Jessie- Let us know if this works.
        CKF
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X