Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ambulatory ECG done on 5 Apr 2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ambulatory ECG done on 5 Apr 2010

    I got my test results for the 24 hour holter test today.

    Anyone knows what the below means:

    Test result: Mildly Abnormal
    Test Mode: 24 Hr, 3 L
    Test Duration: 24
    Average Rate: 71
    Highest Rate: 121
    Lowest Rate: 42

    Basic Rhythm: A Fib
    Infrequent VPC: A Flutter
    Frequent VPC: SVT
    Bigeminall VPC: Pause
    Multiform VPC: Bradycardia
    V Pair: Irreg Rhythm
    V Tach: Heart Block
    V Fib: Depressed ST
    Escape VEB: Depressed ST

    Final Diagnosis:

    Baseline sinus rhythm; no significant pause or arrest/heart rate ranges 42-121/min. No significant arrhythmia.; Sinus tachycardia 2% of recorded time.; Sinus bradycardia 26% of recorded time. Occasional/infrequent premature atrial complexes.
    Last edited by weimin; 14 May 2010, 10:01 PM.

    #2
    Originally posted by weimin View Post
    I got my test results for the 24 hour holter test today.

    Anyone knows what the below means:

    Test result: Mildly Abnormal
    Test Mode: 24 Hr, 3 L
    Test Duration: 24
    Average Rate: 71
    Highest Rate: 121
    Lowest Rate: 42

    Basic Rhythm: A Fib
    Infrequent VPC: A Flutter
    Frequent VPC: SVT
    Bigeminall VPC: Pause
    Multiform VPC: Bradycardia
    V Pair: Irreg Rhythm
    V Tach: Heart Block
    V Fib: Depressed ST
    Escape VEB: Depressed ST

    Final Diagnosis:

    Baseline sinus rhythm; no significant pause or arrest/heart rate ranges 42-121/min. No significant arrhythmia.; Sinus tachycardia 2% of recorded time.; Sinus bradycardia 26% of recorded time. Occasional/infrequent premature atrial complexes.
    Weiman,

    This is a abnormal EKG. This needs to be repeated and interpreted by a cardiologist. When you feel your pulse, is it highly irregular? Were you having autonomic Dysfunction at the time and what were your symptoms? The diagnosis is also contradictory. "A Fib" means atrial fibrillation. If you have atrial fibrillation, you have an arrhythmia.

    Wise.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
      Weiman,

      This is a abnormal EKG. This needs to be repeated and interpreted by a cardiologist. When you feel your pulse, is it highly irregular? Were you having autonomic Dysfunction at the time and what were your symptoms? The diagnosis is also contradictory. "A Fib" means atrial fibrillation. If you have atrial fibrillation, you have an arrhythmia.

      Wise.
      Hi Dr Wise,

      How do you know that it is abnormal EKG?

      The doctor did not say that there was anything wrong with me except that there were a few extra beats for my heart. He also ordered an ultrascan/ultrasound for my heart in Jun(not sure if it is called ultrasound) but it is to scan if there are any defects or holes in the heart.

      I have a L3 and L5 burst fracture. Can I get autonomic dysreflexia? I'm not sure how to count the pulserate, do I put two fingers on my wrist?

      Comment


        #4
        updated with attachment of report. Anyone have any further comments?

        Comment


          #5
          Two fingers to the radial nerve (when you hold your hand with your thumb towards the ceiling, the artery will be right there). Count the number of thumps that you feel over a one minute time period. You should feel a nice regular beat. It is not uncommon every now and then to skip a beat (and I mean very infrequently), so if you feel it like that once in awhile, it's ok. However, A-fib is not ok and needs to be worked up and possibly treated. I would encourage you to speak to your physician again and see if he wants to speed this up. The other option is to get a second opinion.

          CKF
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Two fingers to the radial nerve (when you hold your hand with your thumb towards the ceiling, the artery will be right there). Count the number of thumps that you feel over a one minute time period. You should feel a nice regular beat. It is not uncommon every now and then to skip a beat (and I mean very infrequently), so if you feel it like that once in awhile, it's ok. However, A-fib is not ok and needs to be worked up and possibly treated. I would encourage you to speak to your physician again and see if he wants to speed this up. The other option is to get a second opinion.

            CKF
            What does A-fib mean and what is the problem associated with it? Can it be caused by SCI?

            Comment


              #7
              Compared with my report in 2008, here is it below as attached. Anyone has comments?

              Comment


                #8

                Comment


                  #9
                  A-fib is a common arrhythmia or abnormal heart beat. It means that the atrium (the upper chamber of the heart) is not getting in sync with the ventricles (lower chambers.

                  Per the Mayo Clinic website, "during atrial fibrillation, the heart's two upper chambers (the atria) beat chaotically and irregularly — out of coordination with the two lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart. Atrial fibrillation is an irregular and often rapid heart rate that commonly causes poor blood flow to the body and symptoms of heart palpitations, shortness of breath and weakness.

                  Atrial fibrillation can also cause fatigue and stroke.
                  The treatment option best for you will depend on how long you've had atrial fibrillation, how bothersome your symptoms are and the underlying cause of your atrial fibrillation. Generally, the goals of treating atrial fibrillation are to:

                  Reset the rhythm or control the rate
                  Prevent blood clots
                  The strategy you and your doctor choose depends on many factors, including whether you have other problems with your heart and if you're able to take medications that can control your heart rhythm."

                  A-fib is common and is usually easily treated. It becomes more common the older that we get. And as far as I know, SCI is not a cause.

                  Get this checked - you certainly don't need something that is easily treated to be a part of your health problems.

                  CKF
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    oki thanks!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I'll be going on 3rd Jun 2010 for a two dimensional echocardiography. Does anyone know what the test is like and what do I need to prepare for it? Can I eat and drink before the test?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Is it common for young adults to get this A - Fib condition? I'm only close to 30 years and now I got this condition seen from the test.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Nurse, are you sure the report really says A-fib?

                          I thought so too reading it at first, but looking at the format carefully of both reports, it looks to me like they've just listed all sorts of things in two columns and perhaps they're meant to check the boxes or something, and a-fib just happens to be at the top of the second column. Of course, I may be wrong.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by weimin View Post
                            I'll be going on 3rd Jun 2010 for a two dimensional echocardiography. Does anyone know what the test is like and what do I need to prepare for it? Can I eat and drink before the test?
                            echocardiogram are like an ultrasound of the heart. They will start an IV and inject you with some medicine that will show up on the screen to show the path of the blood flow through the heart. Making sure it goes where it is supposed to go and heart is pumping the way it should. As far as I know it does not matter if u eat or drink before test, I just wouldnt have anything really heavy before hand. Sometimes the medicine can make you feel sick.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by TAM63 View Post
                              Nurse, are you sure the report really says A-fib?

                              I thought so too reading it at first, but looking at the format carefully of both reports, it looks to me like they've just listed all sorts of things in two columns and perhaps they're meant to check the boxes or something, and a-fib just happens to be at the top of the second column. Of course, I may be wrong.
                              After blowing up the reports I think that A-fib occasionally came up, just as bradycardia did , pvc's and pac's. It lists everything that the holter picked up in 24 hrs. I dont think he is having a high occurance of the A-fib, but they are continuing to do tests to make sure it stays that way.

                              Since he has been having noticeable palpatations, the A fib must be frequent enough to be monitored just not treated yet? Does that make sense?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X