Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have been trying for a couple months now to kill a bug by flushing with MicrocynAH but no luck. If i dilute with 1 part saline and 3 parts Microcyn i'm fine but it appears that is not strong enough to kill the bug. I might have to just put up with the AD or resort to IV anti biotics.

Comment

Have you had a sensitivity test done? The product that you enquired about, I may be wrong, but I think it is very similar to the formula of the original microcyn or very close to it. In other countries it has been trialed as a bladder wash. Hypochlorous acid is in microcynah and some of the wound care products used to prevent infections. Making it yourself, if it works for you, is cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent K View Post
        DC current is applied to for 8 minutes. This supposedly creates hypochlorous acid, what our bodies produce to fight bacteria.
        Did you buy a machine to make acid? How does someone tell if they have the correct solution after 8 minutes?
        "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
        T5/6 complete

Comment

I did have a C&S done if that's the test you are referring to. And according to the research by the late GJNL the Microcyn products have the same ingredients/formulation.

Per GJNL..."I contacted both BrightSky and MicroHeal and asked them to send me the ingredients list from the label of Microdox60. Essentially, the ingredients are the same as for Theracyn and HydroCleanse. Water: 98.837%, Sodium chloride: 0.010%, Sodium phosphate: 0.062%, Sodium sulfate: 1.082%, Ancillary substances: Hypochlorous acid: 0.009%."

Last edited by crispy1981; 27 Jan 2020, 1:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
            Did you buy a machine to make acid? How does someone tell if they have the correct solution after 8 minutes?
            Yeah, I purchased the home unit from ecoloxtech. There are four concentration levels that can be made, 60 parts to a million, 100 parts to a million and 200 parts to a million. I don't remember the weakest level. The amount of time and the amount of water used is what determines the levels. I have been using the 100 parts to a million concentration for instilling.

These units aren't sold to be used for medical use, it's equipment to make environmentally safe disinfectant cleansers.

While trying to learn about hypochlorous acid, it's uses and how it is made, I found an article describing how a lady in Australia used germicidal bleach, water, and distilled vinegar to make HOCI. She used it to treat her mother's infected wounds.
            Last edited by Brent K; 27 Jan 2020, 4:28 PM.

Comment

@Brent...Thanks
              "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
              T5/6 complete

Comment

This HOCI degrades faster, Microcyn and the other products have stabilizers that extends their shelf life. I use chlorine strips to test the strength of it over time, if you store it in a sealed, solid-colored container, it will retain it's usable strength for over a month. If you do try it, instill a little at a time. It can cause AD. I'll draw so much out using a 60 ml syringe and finish with sterile water when it does cause bladder irritation. I don't use a sterile syringe each time I instill it. I just rinse it out and allow it to dry. HOCI is supposedly effective against most bacteria, if it doesn't kill the bacteria that is in your water, then it probably wouldn't be effective at treating your bladder.

Comment

Working...
                X