Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FasterNow View Post
    Hey crypticgimp, I'm hoping you can get this under control with the Microcyn. I wonder if your kidneys have been involved you may not be able to get rid of the infection with flushing. Maybe your uro can tell you if your kidneys are infected.
    they r not infected. had them checked already. :/
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

If you're exhibiting symptoms of a full blown infection coming on, why would you wait to see a doctor?
      I'm back on Facebook again--up and running!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000532232573

Comment

Originally posted by Leila View Post
        If you're exhibiting symptoms of a full blown infection coming on, why would you wait to see a doctor?
        because i have classes and i'd like to not fail them ty. most of the time i get flair ups and they go away on their own. i'm not symptomatic enough to be really concerned. no fever, no chills, just the same crap and i know his reaction will be to give me antibiotics which i avoid cuz i'm allergic to so many.

hmm i rly was expecting you to defend microcyn more than that i rly was expecting this stuff to work as it has for others but i guess not.

Comment

Evidence would suggest that Microcyn/Vetericyn is best used in a preventative capacity. It can work wonders this way, completely turning around the cycle of recurring UTI's and dependence on increasingly toxic antibiotics. However, it has also been demonstrated to reverse UTI's that are already in progress. This is being done on a clinical basis by doctors in other countries, notably Germany and Mexico. In the United States it is used by some doctors as an "off lable" technique, until it has cleared the FDA. This is the perogative of any doctor who chooses to use it this way, and has saved the lives of some for whom antibiotics were no longer effective.

When doctors do bladder irrigations, they typically use 50 to 60 cc saline. They also speak of using "agitation," meaning they move the liquid around in some manner to sort of wash the bladder. This is why those who chose to lay down and roll back and forth on the bed found that they could use less Microcyn and still get good results. This is agitiation and it has a medical precedent.

If you have colonization that is long standing and is ready to cross over that line and become an infection, and cloudy urine is certainly a warning sign, and you try to use only 20 cc of Microcyn with no agitation, that is what is called a non-lethal dose. It is of no more more benefit under such circumstances than taking 150 mg of Cirpo (or whatever antibiotic works) twice a day instead of 500 mg. Non-lethal doses are useless, and tend to make things worse in the end.

What people are doing when they use Microcyn/Vetericyn on their own is experimenting. Those I know who use it successfully had no other choice. They were at the end of their rope, and their doctors could provide no other options, and if they had not found the Microcyn/Vetericyn, would have died. John was one of these. When I placed a bottle of Microcyn in John's hands, he accepted it with great respect as well as great need, and then went to work adapting it to work optimally for his own problem. This he succeeded in doing and has been infection free for over eight months, as opposed to an infection every six weeks.

Microcyn/Vetericyn has the potential, that has been clearly established. How to release that potential is what is now being worked with. But it is not the Microcyn that has failed if the technique developed is inadequate.
          I'm back on Facebook again--up and running!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000532232573

Comment

yay go leila! i did use agitation + massaging the bladder and increased to 60cc + increased how long the microcyn was in the bladder. maybe a longer term trial is needed but i will post my total findings later.

Comment

Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post
              yay go leila! i did use agitation + massaging the bladder and increased to 60cc + increased how long the microcyn was in the bladder. maybe a longer term trial is needed but i will post my total findings later.
              Not having had a pre-trial culture/colony count makes any comment about the result speculative. There is no certainty that the cloudiness is due to infection. Even milk products can make urine cloudy. Maybe cg just got a bad container of mycrowsin. I could go on, but the point is that this is far from a robust study.
              You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
              http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
              http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
                Not having had a pre-trial culture/colony count makes any comment about the result speculative. There is no certainty that the cloudiness is due to infection. Even milk products can make urine cloudy. Maybe cg just got a bad container of mycrowsin. I could go on, but the point is that this is far from a robust study.
                exactly. this was just a tiny experiment (tho i could use my lab results from 2 months ago) and was just to see if i could corroborate with another anecdotal experience.

i do however have a full blown infection and will go to the hospital tomorrow for IV antibiotics. i'll post tonite with my pics and final report. right now i need a nap as i am exhausted

Comment

THANK YOU. Not only a pre-trial culture, but also a post-trial one to prove that the colonization/infection is really gone.

Shamrock was waiting on post-use culture results when last we heard. Shamrock?
                  It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Good luck with the abx, crypticgimp. I'm sorry you've come to that. I, for one, appreciate your efforts and postings regarding your own experiences.
                    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Ditto.
                      Originally posted by WPDaggy View Post
                      Good luck with the abx, crypticgimp. I'm sorry you've come to that. I, for one, appreciate your efforts and postings regarding your own experiences.
                      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Microcyn solution 500ml that requires a prescription and the solution that doesn't require any prescription?Plus I notice the one require a prescription is only $39.75 for 16 ounces where the nonprescription is around $30.00 for 8 ounces ..Just curious was also wondering where everybody usually gets there is from
                        Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
                          Can anyone tell me the difference between the Microcyn solution 500ml that requires a prescription and the solution that doesn't require any prescription?Plus I notice the one require a prescription is only $39.75 for 16 ounces where the nonprescription is around $30.00 for 8 ounces ..Just curious was also wondering where everybody usually gets there is from
                          I have sorta concluded that the only difference between the Rx, the OTC, and Vetericin (the pet version) is the labeling on the containers. However, no authoritative source has admitted that.
                          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

I have sorta concluded that the only difference between the Rx, the OTC, and Vetericin (the pet version) is the labeling on the containers. However, no authoritative source has admitted that.
                            i have the same suspicions. but keep that between you and me or else we may get a not so veiled response of how we arent being respectful of the precious Mic. grumpy gimp is here

Comment

Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post
                              i have the same suspicions. but keep that between you and me or else we may get a not so veiled response of how we arent being respectful of the precious Mic. grumpy gimp is here
                              Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

There is no difference in the product -- but there is a difference between Vetericyn and the Vetericyn hydrogel. (You don't want the latter.)

Cowboy,
                                I just ordered 16 oz. of Vetericyn off of eBay for $38.90 from a vendor called medi-vet -- that price includes shipping by USPS priority mail. Unfortunately, I got the last 16 oz. bottle they had (for now).

Originally posted by Leila
                                OK. I now have general guidelines for instillation of the bladder with Microcyn in order to eliminate drug resistant colonization and/or infection. This method has been carried out by a competent urologist in a clinical setting, hundreds of times with a 100% success rate. It has cured MRSA staph and psuedomonas and many other resistant microbes.
                                source
                                I just spoke with Dr. BonGiovanni on the phone. I wanted to give her a little background preparation before Dr. Young calls her. Guess what? She's been caring for SCI patients for over thirty years, and she uses Microcyn regularly in her practice to treat UTI's. She has wonderful results.
                                source

Evidence would suggest that Microcyn/Vetericyn is best used in a preventative capacity.
                                Throughout this whole thread, Leila, you've talked about all the evidence that you have seen that Micro-/Veteri-cyn cures UTIs, including those caused by resistant strains of bacteria (the two quotes above are just examples of numerous other posts). You've often cited your husband as one of the people whose resistant infection was cured.

But after CG reports an unsuccessful use of the product, you post that the evidence now suggests Micro-/Veteri-cyn is best used in a "preventive capacity."

Am I the only one who's confused by this?
                                It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Working...
                                X