Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JenJen, I need some info from you.

John did not want me making the trip to SF with them because I've been too exhausted, so I'm "home alone"--resting and banging out emails. One of them was to Hoji Alimi, founder and CEO of OculusIS, and I asked him to initiate clinical trials with Microcyn for urological use. To my surprise he contacted me last night. I think it was your story that did it, but anyway, he wants contact info from my doctor friend--the one that does the bladder flushes with such great success--and any other physicians who have knowledge of Microcyn in this capacity. I remember your saying your medical team was behind you, and they have even recommended Microcyn to others, so do you think I could give their contact info to Mr. Alimi? You could let them know what's up. It would really help, JenJen, because they have seen what Microcyn can do to save a person's life, when used for bladder irrigation and preventative wash.

Take Care,

Leila (Susanne Lewis)
    I'm back on Facebook again--up and running!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000532232573

Comment

Good initiative Leila, you are dedicated which is a good thing, I hope they accept to investigate further.
      Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post

<snip>now i am gonna make a disclaimer. THIS IS NOT A CLINICAL TRIAL. this is just a nerdy girl, with tools who is curious. nothing more or less. i will be using it on myself as well and will log what i see, smell, feel. it'll take a few weeks but i will report back on what i have observed. who knows, i may even take pics.
        Say there, LuLu, do you remember the irrigation solution that I use for my SP catheter? The RENACIDIN IRRIGATION SOLUTION, now that I've read this thread I realized that I haven't had a UTI since I started using it, are there any similarities between the stuff I'm using and the MICROCYN?

I'll PM you with the quantity, frequency and Uro's instructions in case you no longer have them.

Bob

Comment

As I was reading up on some of the side effects of the redacidin I saw this...

Except under special circumstances, this medication should not be used when the following medical problem exists:
          ยป Urinary tract infection (May lead to sepsis{01})

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/mmx/renacidin-i...#ixzz0mFiM3OFm

don't believe I would ever use this...and this was just 1 side effect...

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
            Say there, LuLu, do you remember the irrigation solution that I use for my SP catheter? The RENACIDIN IRRIGATION SOLUTION, now that I've read this thread I realized that I haven't had a UTI since I started using it, are there any similarities between the stuff I'm using and the MICROCYN?

I'll PM you with the quantity, frequency and Uro's instructions in case you no longer have them.

Bob
            no, the stuff u use seems to be a glorified solvent which helps dissolves anything floating in the urine that bacteria may adhere to, while the other is an antimicrobial. i'm gonna guess microcyn's modus operendii is making the bacterium cell wall permeable and therefore allowing the antimicrobial in???
            "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
            http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Judy, based on what I've read on the site, some people have such a severe problem with catheter incrustation/blockage that doing daily instillations (not irrigation) with Renacidin is the only thing that keeps them from having to constantly change their caths. KLD recommends it to people with encrustation problems but to my knowledge has never cautioned that it has particularly nasty side effects, which makes me wonder if the incident rate for those side effects is quite low...

CG -- according to the Microcyn web site, it works in much the same way human neutrophils do -- by surrounding the bacteria/fungus/virus and using an oxidative or respiratory burst to produce a number of active ingredients including hypochlorous acid to kill the bacteria/fungus/virus.
              It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by Lazlo View Post
                This is a big red flag to me. If they are adding a preservative to stabilize the formula, I'd want to know exactly what that preservative is. And like you said, if they've patented the technique, they are protected. Will they provide us with the patent numbers? If so, we can just look up the patents at http://uspto.gov . The patent numbers might even be listed on their packaging. I'd be quite interested to see them. If the patents are pending we should at least be allowed to know at least what the title of the patent is, given that we're using their product to treat our bodies!

If they won't willingly provide the patent numbers via email that's a huge sign to me that there is something fishy with their formulation.
                we don't need it. here are the 2 claims filed by Oculus Innovative sciences, altho its web site claims more.

I'm curious about this stuff I've been heavily colonized for a year now and nothing seems to work longer than a week, but I'm leery of putting anything in my bladder as hydrogen peroxide caused a fistula in my mitrofanoff stoma.
                Last edited by leschinsky; 27 Apr 2010, 11:21 PM. Reason: fixed link
                Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Go to ebay and buy it folks, there are a bunch of sellers. Vetericyn. Watch videos on you tube of docs vets etc telling the story. One video has a wound care doctor describing the chemistry behind it/the 'preservative' that made the solution possible, bunch of info.

And for all you who have ALREADY followed the links, even BEFORE me, I don't understand why you are still searching for the 'preservetive' in it, I guess you just didn't HEAR them. Wonder why they didn't give you a direct answer.

No toxicity Les, solve your problems, hit ebay up now.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=vete...os=37811&gbr=1

but most are the 8 oz, I just wanted a bunch around so I got the 16 0z.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Hey les, your link goes to the Oculus web site page that talks about the number of patents granted and pending, but provides no specific info for any of them. I don't think that's where you intended to direct it...is it?
                    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by leschinsky View Post
                      r as hydrogen peroxide caused a fistula in my mitrofanoff stoma.
                      watch this one Les, gives a comparison of h2o2 and microcyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2sar...eature=related

this is a wound care doc explaining it, she makes short work of it, not too long,.. watch the equine videos you want to see something

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

I believe it was on the v web site there was a button to click that showed nearest possible vet and pet stores in your area that had it stock...I paid 34.99 for 16 0z...

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
                          Judy, based on what I've read on the site, some people have such a severe problem with catheter incrustation/blockage that doing daily instillations (not irrigation) with Renacidin is the only thing that keeps them from having to constantly change their caths. KLD recommends it to people with encrustation problems but to my knowledge has never cautioned that it has particularly nasty side effects, which makes me wonder if the incident rate for those side effects is quite low...

CG -- according to the Microcyn web site, it works in much the same way human neutrophils do -- by surrounding the bacteria/fungus/virus and using an oxidative or respiratory burst to produce a number of active ingredients including hypochlorous acid to kill the bacteria/fungus/virus.
                          i just got an image of little dudes in white hazmat suits with hoses blasting the bacteria a la ghost busters and shouting "ya! behold the power of our manly stream!"
                          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                          http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
                            Hey les, your link goes to the Oculus web site page that talks about the number of patents granted and pending, but provides no specific info for any of them. I don't think that's where you intended to direct it...is it?
                            whoopsie! no I was in a hurry i meant this one
                            http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...FIELD2=&d=PTXT

eta thanks capn I am going to buy it, i just want to be extra cautious because I don't want to go back under the knife.
                            Last edited by leschinsky; 28 Apr 2010, 12:02 AM.
                            Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

how do I order this stuff from Singapore?

Comment

I just added Microcyn Bladder Treatment to the title of the topic so that it reflects the contents of the thread. Wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X