Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know where i can purchase Vetericyn VF Wound and Infection treatment and NOT the Wound and Skin care? Is this a label change or something?

Comment

petstruly.com , hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by rukiddingme View Post
        Does anyone know where i can purchase Vetericyn VF Wound and Infection treatment and NOT the Wound and Skin care? Is this a label change or something?
        I have bottles from newer shipments of Vetericyn VF that are labeled "Wound & Skin Care." Older, empty bottles that I have saved are labeled "Wound and Infection Treatment." The key is checking the ingredients and concentration of ingredients listed on the labels. Both bottles list exactly the same ingredients and and concentration of ingredients.

All the best,
        GJ

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
          I have bottles from newer shipments of Vetericyn VF that are labeled "Wound & Skin Care." Older, empty bottles that I have saved are labeled "Wound and Infection Treatment." The key is checking the ingredients and concentration of ingredients listed on the labels. Both bottles list exactly the same ingredients and and concentration of ingredients.

All the best,
          GJ

This helps a great deal... I fiqured it was just a label change as I get my VVF from Petstruly as well. The last time I used it, it just didn't seem as potent. Thanks GL!

Comment

Originally posted by maym View Post
            We agree week at most for cs. We have a hard time getting homehealth nurses to treat samples with the care that they should.
            Try to give them ice and most time don't want it. Always worried if sample gets compromized?
            We sometimes consider taking sample to doctor office so we know it will be taken care of.
            Wanted to ask for some thoughts on possible cause of yeast infection. Maym has not been on antibiotics for 4 months cause that vvf/ns has been doing its job. We use 15vvf/15ns at night and that keeps urine clean. Maym has suprapubic for about nine years so bladder must be real small. When we push vvf/ns nightly she most always overflows out natural path due to a very weak meatus,hope i spelled that right, at about 15cc than we push the rest. Hold treatment last about 5 minutes.
            We now have this yeast infection and trying to figure out why? Do any of you think that the overflow into vagina is killing normal flora in vagina? Started last night we cut back to 15cc of mix in am and 15cc in p.m. So we don't get overflow. So far so good.
            Diflucan three days helped but rash heating back up so we took another diflucan today. Maybe since we are preventing overflow we can turn it around. Going to doctor tomorrow for regular checkup so we will talk to him about it also. Most of time all of you make more sense than these doctors. Anyway we trust your opinions and would like you thought. Thanks maym husband
            While I have no experience with this and cannot speak from any strength, in theory (reading literature about Microcyn technology), Vetericyn (regular or VF) should work to cure a yeast infection, if applied to the affected areas.

All the best,
            GJ

Comment

I have beaten pseudomonas aeruginosa after 5 years

Good morning from Thailand,

I received a 3 degree burn on my leg 5 years ago (motorcycle muffler)
              i won't go into the details , but over the 5 years i have had and used every antibiotic, herbal things, to try and get rid if the multiple infections in the wound and present in my blood.
              Trust me every recommended IV, tablet, ointment most infections were eliminated over time, but culture still showed pseudomonas aeruginosa and E-coli in the wound drainage.

I take care of the wound my self, order "telfa" pads from the U.S. as i change the dressing every day, the infection began to spread and was consuming more area (wound getting bigger), the loss of fluid from the wound was causing a electrolyte balance problem (leg cramps) thank god I can get Gator Aid here. I used disposable diapers over the steral pads to absorbe the exudate.

I was a Pm when I was living in the U.S. so i began asking for wound cultures from other sources. How/why i don't know but the report came back that Bactrim was effective against the P.A. that was cultured as was Doxycyclene.

We immediately started a course of the Bactrim tablets and Doxy capsules.
              It was amazing the wound began to withdraw, and dry up. (very little drainage unless I walk a lot) The last culture did not show P.A or E-coli.

The wound is open and I have to be careful of opportunistic infections, but i am feeling and great and hopefully scar tissue will eventually form and close the wound.

So just some hope that maybe Doxy and Bactrum will work for you, they are very old antibiotics and not used much, except in 3 rd world countries as they are cheap and readily available, i guess the P.A. has never been exposed to these before.

I also use a bactrum powder (in a spray bottle) $1.40 here to put on problem areas and where the tape rash causes problems.

So just thought I would pass this on to tell you what we did to beat this bug. please always check with and discuss with your doctor.

Farang (an American living in Thailand)

Comment

Originally posted by farang View Post
                Good morning from Thailand,

I received a 3 degree burn on my leg 5 years ago (motorcycle muffler)
                i won't go into the details , but over the 5 years i have had and used every antibiotic, herbal things, to try and get rid if the multiple infections in the wound and present in my blood.
                Trust me every recommended IV, tablet, ointment most infections were eliminated over time, but culture still showed pseudomonas aeruginosa and E-coli in the wound drainage.

I take care of the wound my self, order "telfa" pads from the U.S. as i change the dressing every day, the infection began to spread and was consuming more area (wound getting bigger), the loss of fluid from the wound was causing a electrolyte balance problem (leg cramps) thank god I can get Gator Aid here. I used disposable diapers over the steral pads to absorbe the exudate.

I was a Pm when I was living in the U.S. so i began asking for wound cultures from other sources. How/why i don't know but the report came back that Bactrim was effective against the P.A. that was cultured as was Doxycyclene.

We immediately started a course of the Bactrim tablets and Doxy capsules.
                It was amazing the wound began to withdraw, and dry up. (very little drainage unless I walk a lot) The last culture did not show P.A or E-coli.

The wound is open and I have to be careful of opportunistic infections, but i am feeling and great and hopefully scar tissue will eventually form and close the wound.

So just some hope that maybe Doxy and Bactrum will work for you, they are very old antibiotics and not used much, except in 3 rd world countries as they are cheap and readily available, i guess the P.A. has never been exposed to these before.

I also use a bactrum powder (in a spray bottle) $1.40 here to put on problem areas and where the tape rash causes problems.

So just thought I would pass this on to tell you what we did to beat this bug. please always check with and discuss with your doctor.

Farang (an American living in Thailand)
                Glad you are on the mend. You might be interested in the paper. See Page 17 -18 regarding Microcyn (Vetericyn) for the treatment of burns.

All the best,
                GJ

http://www.woundsresearch.com/files/...ccu.pdf‎

Comment

Can anybody explain a c and s that comes back no growth, when urine looks so bad you can't see thru it, body aches, headaches, you all know the feeling of a uti.

And if I have candida in bladder, would that show up on a c and s ??

Comment

Originally posted by Kat0465 View Post
                    Can anybody explain a c and s that comes back no growth, when urine looks so bad you can't see thru it, body aches, headaches, you all know the feeling of a uti.

And if I have candida in bladder, would that show up on a c and s ??
                    If your bladder is colonized, you probably wouldn't be experiencing the head and body aches. I'd say repeat the urinalysis (UA) and culture and sensitivity (C&S). Labs make mistakes.

Yeasts, if present in the urine, should show up in UA and C&S. Usually the presences of Candida in the urine is a result of contamination of the specimen. A urine infection caused by Candida is dangerous and needs careful evaluation and treatment.

All the best,
                    GJ

Comment

This is a uro, that's been in practice for 25 years, surely they can't screw up a simple c and s. and the sample was done by cathing, so I know if there's candida, its in the bladder.

I still cannot understand no growth?!! Body aches, headaches, spasms. I had it all. I'm about to finish abx, should I wait for another c and s after all theses abx it probably won't grow anything but abx!!! Ohh also have some home test strips, everything comes back clean except the lukocytes, dosent make sense. I see him again Thursday. :/

Comment

This is a uro, that's been in practice for 25 years, surely they can't screw up a simple c and s. and the sample was done by cathing, so I know if there's candida, its in the bladder.

I still cannot understand no growth?!! Body aches, headaches, spasms. I had it all. I'm about to finish abx, should I wait for another c and s after all theses abx it probably won't grow anything but abx!!! Ohh also have some home test strips, everything comes back clean except the lukocytes, dosent make sense. I see him again Thursday. :/
                        I may be wrong, but I doubt that your urologist is doing the actual UA and/or C&S. Labs do make mistakes and specimens can be contaminated on the lab end. Unless the specimen is taken under sterile technique, there is margin for contamination on your end.

If your C&S shows no growth, why are you taking antibiotics?

A C&S while you are taking antibiotics will not give accurate results. You will need to finish the course of antibiotics, wait 2-4 day and take in another specimen for a UA and C&S.

All the best,
                        GJ

Comment

I went in complaining of a uti, he sent off a culture and put mevon suprax till it came back. Which took almost 2 weeks. Then when I got the yeast infection( I knew I would) he finally called in some diflucan.
                          It's been really hard getting him to do things right. He didn't want to scribe diflucan cause it's hard on the liver, well what isn't! None of this makes any sense to me especially waiting that long on a c and s

Comment

I went in complaining of a uti, he sent off a culture and put mevon suprax till it came back. Which took almost 2 weeks. Then when I got the yeast infection( I knew I would) he finally called in some diflucan.
                            It's been really hard getting him to do things right. He didn't want to scribe diflucan cause it's hard on the liver, well what isn't! None of this makes any sense to me especially waiting that long on a c and s
                            Suprax (cefixime) is not a broad spectrum antibiotic for urinary tract infections. Generally it is used for uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis.

All the best,
                            GJ

Comment

Since E. Coli is a common cause of uti's, he may be prescribing based on his knowledge of the general public and not those who have SCI. I am not defending the prescription, just trying to possibly explain the rationale.
                              CKF
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Microcyn

Is Microcyn/Vetracyn the same as puracyn?

Comment

Working...
                                X