Just found out i have a PE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found out i have a PE

any advice on what i should avoid or take ect?
    meds im on:
    baclofen 80 mg a day
    clonazepam .5mg at bed .25 as needed
    nerontin 800 mg 4 times a day
    senna 1 time a day
    fish oil 3 times daily 1000mg each i think?
    cranactin 2 times a day
    colace 2 times daily
    multivitamin 1 time a day
    baby asprin 1 time a day
    ditropan 1 time a day

there starting me on coumadin and temporarily levonox.

thought i would post for others thoughts, this has me really worried...
    I am just a man with a heart and sinful hands.

When I had one the ER doc told me that making it to the hospital upped my survival rate by 95%. Have they discussed putting a screen in your groin? I am still on Warfarin, but off the Lovanox. (Hated those shots, and still have bumps from them.)

Good luck, and heal quickly.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Comment

glad to see you markpals. so glad you are back.

sorry about your blood clot noname33. I hope you are better soon.

Comment

Thanks Jody.
        Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Comment

You need to stop the baby aspirin while on either Levonox or Coumadin. If your multivitamin contains vitamin K, you should also stop that, and you should discuss the fish oil with your physician and pharmacist. There are many foods that you should avoid in large amounts on Coumadin, so get that list from your physician and pharmacist as well.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

What was the source of the PE ?

Comment

What is PE?
              oh well

Comment

Pulmonary Embolism. A blood clot lodged in a vessel in the lung.

Comment

Originally posted by kenf View Post
                  What is PE?
                  Pulmonary embolism -- a blood clot that breaks free from where it formed, travels through the bloodstream, and ends up blocking one of the major arteries in the lungs. It's a potentially life-threatening condition.
                  It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

thanks everyone. Yeah i knew to stop the baby aspirin and ill check the multivitamin. as for the source i haven't the slightest clue. maybev my arm where i keep getting bruises. im going to check for swelling in my legs too, as for the arms its tough since one is stronger than the other. as for the screen no, not yet. is that a the same as a filter? cause i had one right after my injury, but they took it out.

it surprises me that i have one... i mean i go to school, and get out of bed everyday, and ive been on aspirin since day 1... Plus im only 18, well i guess ill hope for the best. although my shots make me AD like crazy, and are gonna leave some nasty bruises... w/e it all builds character!

Comment

thank you
                      oh well

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
                        Pulmonary embolism -- a blood clot that breaks free from where it formed, travels through the bloodstream, and ends up blocking one of the major arteries in the lungs. It's a potentially life-threatening condition.
                        Are you trying to scare the shit out of Noname33? Just teasing you. I hope all goes well for you, Noname33.

Comment

be careful. i recently spent close to a year with a trach and on a ventilator due to one from a broken femur.

Comment

Originally posted by dash View Post
                            be careful. i recently spent close to a year with a trach and on a ventilator due to one from a broken femur.
                            wow thats intense... i really dont wanna trech again. ive done my time...

and i knew it was life threatening.... btw

Comment

Working...
                            X