Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidenced Based Use of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy(PEMF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidenced Based Use of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy(PEMF)

Has any one used this on wound?
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

E-Stim? I swear it saved my life.

Comment

Saw dramatic improvement on one of my wounds ... but then other factors stopped it (anemia, thyroid). Definitely worth a try when nothing else seems to work!!!
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

This Thread may be of some benefit when it comes to question on wound healing.
        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
        ––Paul Nussbaum
        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Have seen it do wonders for some people - not so much for others. I think that a combination of staying off the area, eating well (high protein, high calorie), drinking lots of fluids and e-stim help many people. It is certainly worth a try, however tends to have much better results when the wound bed has healthy tissue in it.

CKF
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

wound care Treatment

Yes have used PEMF on wound care with Great results.

Comment

Attached is a document with the abstracts of 276 references published since 1983 on the subject PEMF. Lots of evidence for beneficial effects on wound and bone healing.

Wise.

Comment

It can't be used if any infection is noted. I was told the same way it accelerated healing it did the same to infection.
                It was interesting. On a newly debreeded area the pos ions were placed right outside the opening. If necrotic growth started they used negative ions.
                I had stage 4 sores on both ishiums. I had broken a femur, spent a week in the hospt. went home then 3 days later had a blood clot go to my lung. I ended up intabated but got MRSA in my lungs, coded X's3, was very sick but only remember bits and pieces of the 1st two months. They inserted a feeding tube, That got infected. The 1st time they tried to trach me 2mos after being admitted they made the O2 go into the wrongtube literally blowing me up like a balloon. I got the sores during all this.
                I went through several different types of wound care changes and used a wound vac.on each butt cheek. The e stim made a weekly measurable difference. I wish they had started it sooner as it helped my mental state as well. I was also on a clinitron.
                10 months later I was home sans the need for any O2. So at 39yrs post I spent the same length of time hospitalized as day one. I'm still not as strong.

Comment

PEMF.doc corrupted?

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                  Attached is a document with the abstracts of 276 references published since 1983 on the subject PEMF. Lots of evidence for beneficial effects on wound and bone healing.
                  I can't seem to open the file? anyone else having the same problem? - fw

Comment

It would not open with my 2003 version of MS Word.
                    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
                      It would not open with my 2003 version of MS Word.
                      Though it's identified on my download as a Microsoft Word 97-2003 Document, I finally got it to open in ancient Microsoft WORKS. If anyone needs it in another format, I can repost it as Word 97/2000/XP, PDF. ODT, whatever.

Boo Hoo, a quick search showed that most of the referenced articles relate to spinal vertebrae, and no articles specifically to supraischial healing, where of course the real difficulty is offloading, whatever adjunct therapy is used. But I don't mean to be crabby, I still appreciate having the references! - fw

Comment

Working...
                      X