Do you need medical gloves for bowel program?/other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you need medical gloves for bowel program?/other

was wondering of you neede medical gloves or if the not for medical use gloves mattered for doing your bowel program?

I have had 2 accidents in the last week, I have been cooking with a smoker and the pork I made was great but it was the only change I can think of, the gloves are not for medical use but I did not think this mattered, was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

I have been using my stander more but I did not think this would change this up like this.
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Originally posted by SethO View Post
    was wondering of you neede medical gloves or if the not for medical use gloves mattered for doing your bowel program?

I have had 2 accidents in the last week, I have been cooking with a smoker and the pork I made was great but it was the only change I can think of, the gloves are not for medical use but I did not think this mattered, was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

I have been using my stander more but I did not think this would change this up like this.
    been using the "not for medical use gloves " for 30 years, never liked the rubber kinda, always used some kind of co-polymer, ones i bought a couple years ago was for janitorial/food service type, something like 1000 gloves for 5 bucks
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

Hi,
      HI,
      I dont see any reason that gloves have to be medical. Often, people use those because they come in hypoallergenic types, which some people need. I would definitely recommend disposable gloves however to prevent transmission of any bacteria, which are very common in stool.

AAD
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

yeah, some kind of glove would be a must. ew, the thought of not using gloves. a diaper genie or litter locker is nice to put the nasty gloves in to prevent smelling up the place. they wouldnt need to be steril, like cathing gloves need to be. at least mine are all steril.

Comment

Haha if i could use gloves i would, but because my fingers are mostly curled well.........................................u got to do what u got to do
          'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

Comment

I would be hesitant to use the type of rubber gloves my wife has for washing dishes. They have these sure-grip ridges at the finger tips that would be a bit abrasive to say the least.
            You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
            http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
            http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

rectal mucosa may be more prone to latex allergy so vinyl may be a safe choice

also safer for employees, if you're inclined to think about such matters

Comment

i put the cause of the accidents to the pork , a real sugary sauce o bbq sauce can give some spectacular effects to ab,s.
                doesnt mean it is not good, just could be very rich and fatty, which can taste very good.
                cauda equina

Comment

You don't need to use sterile gloves to do your bowel program at home. And the pork could be the problem....
                  CKF
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

When I used to do a bowel program, before I got a total colectomy, I used those vinyl gloves you see in medical supply shops. I mainly did this for cleanliness, not for medical reasons.

Jessie
                    (spastic paraparesis and L-4 SCI)

Comment

Where do you get these gloves? Do you have pics or description? Tks

Originally posted by brucec View Post
                      been using the "not for medical use gloves " for 30 years, never liked the rubber kinda, always used some kind of co-polymer, ones i bought a couple years ago was for janitorial/food service type, something like 1000 gloves for 5 bucks
                      T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

You can buy them at the grocery store or Target, Walmart, etc.
                        CKF

Comment

Food service gloves are used by a lot of folks also due to being really cheap(made from clear plastic). You can also buy them on ebay. I bought a big box but I preferred latex or nitrile so I gave them away and switched back.

I do NOT think the glove is what is causing your bp problems. Exercise can greatly speed overall motility of the bowel when done regularly, intermittent or rare exercise doesn't have much of an effect. In this light, standing rarely, should not have an effect on bp regularity... in my opinion. I owned a standing frame for years and sold it due to non-use. In the early years of my injury, I used it to work on things(cars, trucks, etc) that I could not otherwise reach. Never did it affect my bp. Regardless of the time spent standing.

Diet and fluid intake vs fluid depleters( caffeine, alcohol ) have the most effect on motility. After 13 years of watching closely what I eat and then watching just as closely what I take out, I generally know ahead of time how something will affect my bp.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Working...
                          X